CARRIER APU

SwampDonkey

New Recruit
Safety & Compliance
I have a M2-112 that has a Carrier APU on it. It has been in shop 4 different times to have it checked out and they can never find the cause. The APU is coming on while driving down the road. Anyone ever dealt with this?

TDave

Expert Expediter
Have you had your electrical checked on your truck like batteries or alternator? If the apu senses your charging system is low it will come on even though the truck is running.

SwampDonkey

New Recruit
Safety & Compliance
Yes i have had all batteries replaced. Alternator checked out fine. Having them check the setting now to see if its set real high on the volts.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Along with the above, have them check the APU chassis ground. That will cause that issue as well. Especially if it is intermittent.

Reactions: neilblack and TDave

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The ground could have to do with the frame as well. My M2 has a riveted frame which caused a lack of ground on the non battery side of the frame.

Reactions: neilblack

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a rigmaster, it was doing some crazy things. It was the alternator. I took it off and had it tested, it tested good but there was a wire that was broken inside the alternator that was making it do crazy things. When you have down time take it to get rebuild it cost me $56.

Reactions: neilblack

SwampDonkey

New Recruit
Safety & Compliance
finally after the 6th shop we got it fixed. Ended up being the Mother board on the control panel and the engine temp sensor.