Cargo Van Rates

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
When I drove for the big kitty, they thought I had a Sprinter with a taller than 48 inch high capacity. I finally got that straightened out. I wasn't charged for any refusals. Finally called and talked to somebody and let them know I had a 3500 long wheel base GMC.

:+ :+

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
David...sometimes I think it's a test to see if your one of THEM....you know the ones that take heavy loads....once you start taking them they'll always call you for them....turn them down and they'll hopefully quit offering them to ya.

We have some sprinter drivers that will turn down CV loads only to take 3000+ loads....go figure???

Thats my thinking....Always another load...

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I am extremely thankful that my carrier has not expected, nor offered, to have a unit load more than its legal and safe capacity.

Once, I got a call to pick up from a shipper and I knew they did not have a scale that could weigh the entire bin once it was loaded. I asked what was the weight of the load. The dispatcher said, "Around 2800lbs." I explained the situation with that particular company and she called them to get a piece count on the load. She waited a few minutes and asked the next shipping employee that picked up the phone if he knew the weight of one of the pieces in that load. After doing the math she called me and said, they decided they needed a straight truck. The load would have been over 3000lbs. I thanked her for her efforts and consideration.