Cargo Van rates

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

got an offer for two loads a week out of chicago going from the airport to OH 308 loaded miles paying paying $425 each.

IS this a fair deal for 1 skid expedite? to me it means 1216 miles for $850 cause they dont have a backhaul.

and to me its .68 per mile should I be happy with that or tell them forget it.

I would like to hear from some cargo van operators do you average more than this for all your miles?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its In The Low End of the Ballpark. Most Comapanys are Paying Cargo Vans 70-90 Cents Per Mile plus FSC.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When you get these low ball rates you should also calculate any tolls that might be included in the trips.

C5BILL

Expert Expediter
I personally think that netting $600.00 for two days work and being home every night is a good deal.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

well i decided to pass im not from chicago and i dont feel it would be worth it as rich pointed out that wasnt including tolls.

but it may develope into more work and if any of you are interested in work like this send me a msg and i will give the phone number to call. like one poster pointed out it not to bad if you want to just work 2 days a week and any year cargo van is ok.the also have a run up to grand rapids that also would pay $1.35 per mile

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I personally think that $600.00 for 2 days work with the Expenses and time involved is a SlowBoat in the Fastlane of going Broke. I would pass on this one. Ohio is a hotbed for frieght if you could find something going back to or near Chicago then you got something to crow about.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Hi

Well you know I was thinking that It really Is not a good deal,But thinking about It Ohio back to Chicago you sure should be able to find a regular back haul possibly.Those are 2 hot areas to an from...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd be looking for a job from Ohio to Chicago. Even if you only found 1 job per week from Ohio back it would turn the runs into fairly decent runs since the $850 would then be divided over 924 miles for 91.9cpm plus whatever cpm you got on the one Ohio to Chicago run. I don't like the 68.9cpm if you just deadhead home each time though.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Well It is to a hot area but if I was going to do it I would use a straight truck spend my day collecting ltl going east. maybe even spend 2 or 3 days in chicago. then it would be more like $4.00 per mile and for that i could deadhead home twice a week