1. Join us at the Holiday Inn Detroit-Livonia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 for a full 4 hours on expedite trucking information, career information and tips. Learn how to be successful as an expedite Owner Operator and discover new products and services in the Expedite Trucking Industry. CLICK HERE to register today!

Cargo Van O/O

Discussion in 'The Newbies Paradise Forum' started by btrucker, Jun 21, 2013.

1. btrucker

btrucker New Member

Hey y'all, I have been driving a truck for about 5 years now but wanting to try expediting in a cargo van. I was wondering those of y'all that are leased onto a company with a cargo van how do you like it? And would you recommend it? Also, I don't have any expenses other than my soon to be van and myself so it's not like I have a lot of major expenses. What are good companies to lease onto as an O/O?Thanks y'all.

2. BigCat

BigCat New Member

Get a sprinter and look at load 1. Cargo vans are like a roach infestation lately. Just look at any flying j or Walmart. Lol

3. tenntrucker

tenntrucker New Member

Don't think Load 1 is signing sprinter or vans at this time, a call to Brian in recruiting will let you know for sure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

4. Murraycroexp

Murraycroexp Active Member

Prob true. Saturated is saturated.

5. noneya

noneya New Member

Whatever you do, stay away from panther. They will have you sitting in your cramped van a lot. As someone said earlier, look at the truck stop parking lots.

6. btrucker

btrucker New Member

With all that said, maybe I'll go for a straight truck? Thanks y'all I appreciate it!

7. noneya

noneya New Member

Yeah, st is the way to go. I learned that after babysitting a van for 3 months and now I am going back to st.

8. Moot

Moot Well-Known Member

I agree that there are too many cargo vans. I don't believe looking at a truck stop parking lot is a very accurate indicator of the cargo van surplus though. Cargo vans park out front, in plain view, in a small lot and are obvious among the cars. On the other hand, straight trucks park in the large truck lot and are scattered and hidden among the tractor/trailers.

The roach infestation analogy is pretty accurate.

9. xiggi

xiggi Active Member

I think load1 is not signing on vans for 5 years...... I hope. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

10. Moot

Moot Well-Known Member

Last week I saw a Load One cargo van (regular cargo van, Ford?) twice on the Ohio Pike. The first time was at night. I was going east, it was going west. Saw it again late the next day going east while I was going west. I have never seen a regular cargo van on with Load One. Was this an old timer? He did have a bushy white beard.

11. Ragman

Ragman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. ntimevan

ntimevan Well-Known Member

I heard once the new West Division office is completed in Bison , SD. Load 1 is signing on 100 spr. type vans.......:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app