Broken "go to first unread post" button

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I click the little dot to go to the first unread post it takes me to the correct page but drops me off at the top of that page rather than all the way to the front door as it were. It just started doing that tonight.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Noticed this too. But while it is getting fixed, if you click on 'Go to first unread' it will take you where you want.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I noticed it, too. It's especially annoying when viewing the site on the phone using the phone's browser, because when I tap a thread, it takes me to the first unread message, then reloads the page and takes me back to the top.

I've also noticed on the laptop, in Chrome, if I set it to not accept third party cookies, the EO page loads, and then constantly refreshes, stuck in a loop.

I have no idea what's causing it (well, I do, sorta), but I'll have JoshM take a look at it. Might be Monday before he's online.

Whatever it is, I didn't do it. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Expo registration nag on every..single..page.. is a little annoying, too. :mad:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, it would be nice if it only nagged once each visit rather than each new page. They've always overdone that though.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you've actually registered for the Expo, it shouldn't nag you at all.

I'm just sayin'

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why is Registering for the Expo so important ...? Is it not Free at the door to attend ..?
I really don't have anything to do with the Expo, so I'm not a good one to ask. But I would imagine it's for them to get a better idea of who is coming and how many are coming, and so they can have your ID badge ready for you when you check in, saving you the time of having to stand there and wait for them to get you both registered and checked in. It's free at the door to attend, but you still gotta have a neat keen supercool and groovy badge with a lanyard to be in there. Otherwise, we'd have riff-raff in there like ISIS, and Cubs fans.

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
We are looking into these issues. The Expo registration popup is only supposed to show to you once and then not again. For the time being it has been disabled completely.

Reactions: Turtle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It could somehow be connected. I clicked the first unread post button out of habit and came straight to the first unread post again.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seems to be working fine again now. When using the phone and the Web browser's Responsive Design, clicking on any thread takes me to the first unread post, as it should.