Bought a 2010 E-350

Johnp3337

Rookie Expediter
It's a gas burner, 98k anything special I should know about it? Also who is running e-350 and what's the life expectancy if maintained appropriately?

DCH474

Rookie Expediter
Keep the fluids changed. My old E350 had 178K on it when I sold it and was still going strong. Just normal maintance, brakes, front end, etc.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure on the Ford but my GM turned 300,000 tonight. Only uses 1 quart of oil every 7,000 miles. What engine did you get?
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1375496386.814905.jpg

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Have 358,600 on my 4.8 liter '06 Express extended 2500. Uses zero oil between changes at 7,000. I ask how the oil "looks" about every 3rd change and the always say it still looks virtually new. The motor seems a little weak sometimes but it gets really worked every once in a while. Now with high rpm downshifts, as I avoid those, but with all the Jellico Mtn climbs and such. I just bought it 8/6/12 with 235,000 on it so its been rolling over the past 12 months pretty well. Battery, 2 O2 sensors, brakes, front rotors. That's about it. And a lot of fuel. I had the average up to 17.4 mpg before a/c season started. Now I'm down to about 16.5 mpg. But I can't complain too much.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My 03 savanna 2500 with a 5.3 went 700,000 before it gave up, bought it new had the oil changed to Mobil 1, changed oil every 10,000 miles, and I got 21 mpg from day 1

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
My 2002 has just under 300,000. I use Shell Rotella,(sp) change the filter at 5000 miles & the oil & filter at 10,000. It's a Diesel. As long as I stay on top of the fuel filter it's around 20-22 mpg highway. 19 around town.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I need to make all the right adjustments to get better economy. I have trouble setting the cruise lower than 73 mph.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I have an '07 E-350 sitting in the driveway at home. Drive train is original. Went thru 2 alternators, 1 power steering pump, numerous batteries, several wheel bearings. Used a synthetic blend from day one. Uses 1qt oil per 2000 miles now. Starts and rides like when I took it off the show room floor and it has almost 650k miles on it. Only reason I don't drive it anymore is because I stepped up to a cube van 18 mos. ago.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I have an '07 E-350 sitting in the driveway at home. Drive train is original. Went thru 2 alternators, 1 power steering pump, numerous batteries, several wheel bearings. Used a synthetic blend from day one. Uses 1qt oil per 2000 miles now. Starts and rides like when I took it off the show room floor and it has almost 650k miles on it. Only reason I don't drive it anymore is because I stepped up to a cube van 18 mos. ago.

You interested in selling your old van?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I have a 2011 e350 with 150000 it runs good. Just tires and oil changes every 7500 and I run synthetic. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I thought you could go even further than that with a full synthetic. Heck, I go 7,000 with Castrol oil and Fram crap-catchers.

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I have been 7500 mi between changes and I have no oil use to speak of. Works for me. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm running Amsoil full synthetic oil and the Amsoil oil filters. I run 15,000 miles between oil changes. Started using it at 70,000 and have been using it ever since then. No complaints! Have over 300,000 on the van now.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I used to have a Canadian vanner driving for me that swore by Amsoil. I need to look into it again. He was quite studied on oils, additives and their pros and cons. Kinda like Turtle. :)!!