Batteries Batteries

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I had new batteries in my scrap truck so I added a third to the new truck , should give me tons of reserve power to start this winter, glad the battery box was made for 3 , all I had to do was add 2 new 4/0 jumpers having a 160 alternators is a good thing !

Reactions: neilblack

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Slather up the terminals (after you've made the connections) with something like white grease or Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly. That will virtually eliminate corrosion (unless you've got a cracked terminal).

Deville

Not a Member
I can run three. Haven't the past 2 years since I can plug in at night. The third battery is a life saver on a sub zero morning when the truck has been sitting a few days.

Deville

Not a Member
I think Lucas helps short term with cold starts and higher oil pressure and helps extend the life on a worn engine, but long term the chance of sludge increases.
I Haven't used It in years. I change my oil every 7500 to 8500 miles now. I used to push it to the 15 to 17,000 mile range.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I change at about 10-12k depending on how much abuse it gets I was just wondering if the Lucas thickens up too much for cold weather starting