bad owner operator

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Turtle,

Did I miss something or was I transferred to Siberia?

I think Lawrence needs to address this issue

Freedom of speech is covered even online the last I knew

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Freedom of speech doesn't even apply.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I guess you were transferred to Siberia, because freedom of speech is covered thoroughly in the EO Code of Conduct.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd love to see an employee go into his boss's office and try out his freedom of speech. Would not turn out to good.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone, have any current info, about this owner? The "heads up", at the top of this thread, is two years old. The owner, does advertise for drivers, frequently, in the free classifieds.
How do you like my commas?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone, have any current info, about this owner? The "heads up", at the top of this thread, is two years old. The owner, does advertise for drivers, frequently, in the free classifieds.
How do you like my commas?
We must be talking about different individuals. I thought the main guy out of that area was out of business.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
It seems like every couple months a owner from Joliet runs a Ad. A couple weeks ago he was running one of those that stay up on top. I believe this is the same owner that says his trucks are signed on with Fedex. Claims to have his own authority to get more loads. I could be wrong. I didn't read the last ad. Just saw it at the top of the page.
Look, no commas!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
It seems like every couple months a owner from Joliet runs a Ad. A couple weeks ago he was running one of those that stay up on top. I believe this is the same owner that says his trucks are signed on with Fedex. Claims to have his own authority to get more loads. I could be wrong. I didn't read the last ad. Just saw it at the top of the page.
Look, no commas!
Different guy then.

It's "an owner from Joliet."

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
.Prove it
?Is this Spanish?
I thought at first you were just being a jerk with your "Prove it," but, what the heck, maybe you really want to learn.

http://m.grammarbook.com/punctuation-rules/quotation-marks.aspx

Rule 1:

Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.
Examples:

The sign changed from "Walk," to "Don't Walk," to "Walk" again within 30 seconds.

She said, "Hurry up."

She said, "He said, 'Hurry up.'"

I've seen more and more ignorance concerning this rule in just the last 3 months. I don't know if our education system is getting worse or if the rate of de-evolution is increasing. We'll be wearing loin cloths and picking lice out of each others's fur before long, at this rate.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought at first you were just being a jerk with your "Prove it," but, what the heck, maybe you really want to learn.

http://m.grammarbook.com/punctuation-rules/quotation-marks.aspx

I've seen more and more ignorance concerning this rule in just the last 3 months. I don't know if our education system is getting worse or if the rate of de-evolution is increasing. We'll be wearing loin cloths and picking lice out of each others's fur before long, at this rate.
So you believe in evolution?

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter

Quotation Marks - GrammarBook.com Mobile

I'm just a jerk that don't give a **** about grammer fetishes. My guess is that 99.9% of the adult population don't consider great grammer a skill they want to learn. Maybe you can find a nice grammer school blog you can post all your grammer stuff in.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm just a jerk that don't give a **** about grammer fetishes. My guess is that 99.9% of the adult population don't consider great grammer a skill they want to learn. Maybe you can find a nice grammer school blog you can post all your grammer stuff in.

It's grammar, not gammer.

It's doesn't, not don't.

And it's "Maybe you can find a nice grammar school blog in which you can post all of your grammar stuff."

If you want to be taken seriously (and in some cases read at all), you'll at least make the effort at coherent, comprehensible grammar and spelling, rather than proudly declaring yourself an uneducated jerk who is incapable of learning even the most basic declarations of your own written language. It's simply a matter of how you wish yourself to be perceived.