Backhaul Websites for Cargo Vans/LTL???

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Are there any good websites out there for backhauls for Cargo Vans? I've tried Getloaded.com several times and customers don't want to pay any kind of money for freight to be hauled, and it's hard to find freight for cargo vans. I'm sick of Deadheading all over the country to find freight. Does "Anyone" out there know any good sites???!!!!:eek: Anyone ever try 123loadboard? I wouldn't want to spend the 30$ a month and then not get a load.

Last edited:

duramaxvan

Seasoned Expediter
Falligator, A friend of mine paid for the 123loadboard for a few months, not much there for us cargo vans

miker

Seasoned Expediter
this is why I moved into a straight truck, back hauls are slim but mostly I can find something to put in a better area, bring me closer to home etc.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
Anything other than gps, active aero, and nlm are all truckload load boards. They are pretty much all the same. Weed thru 1,000 ltl loads to find one going back toward home for $.20-$.50cpm, not to much lower than the other expedite load boards previously mentioned, these days.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Getloaded and Internet Truckstop are about the best out there. Rates are the same pretty much anywhere, but some boards like these two just have higher memberships.

Expect .50 per mile at most on an LTL right now. Charles told me of a couple of times getting a buck a mile with a couple of brokers, but the only place I've had that was Atlanta coming down to central Florida. You just have to scour to find ones that will fit in your vehicle.

NOTE: There are brokers who will pay out more, but I'm talking about what you'll generally find on a board.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Since we're talking about backhauling into a "good" area, can someone please define what a "good" area is these days? If you're a newbie, know this: All of the rules have changed as to what are "good" and "bad" areas That's all I'm going to say.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
OOIDA offers a Back haul service for $17.95 a month to it's members. Haven't a clue if it would work for Vans.

DOUGSPLACE

Seasoned Expediter
Has anyone tried cargosoup.com? Someone on this site mentioned it a few weeks ago, but said he couldn't contact them through their "contact us" link. I haven't been able to either; nor can I contact them by "cut/paste" their e-mail address. If their demo page is an accurate indication, and, if they actually exist, it would be a great source of load acquisition. Hate to spend $20.00 without being able to make contact first, but, might take the chance unless warned off by any of you who may have tried it.
Will appreciate any input...as will others, I'm sure.

Doug

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone tried cargosoup.com? Someone on this site mentioned it a few weeks ago, but said he couldn't contact them through their "contact us" link. I haven't been able to either; nor can I contact them by "cut/paste" their e-mail address. If their demo page is an accurate indication, and, if they actually exist, it would be a great source of load acquisition. Hate to spend $20.00 without being able to make contact first, but, might take the chance unless warned off by any of you who may have tried it.
Will appreciate any input...as will others, I'm sure.

Doug

If they will not reply to your email keep the 20.00 in your pocket!

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
I tried Cargo Soup and it was a complete waste. It was last fall and they could never be reached and had little if any freight.

DOUGSPLACE

Seasoned Expediter
I guess, given your response, that it is a good site to overlook. Actually, it wasn't amatter of them not answering my e-mail...Internet Explorer said it couldn't even find the address. It's a shame...I wish someone would start a viable site for vans and other smaller vehicles.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
There is plenty LTL that will fit in vans, but the kicker is that you will be lucky to cover your operating costs with what the brokers are paying. Occasionally you will find an actual expedite load posted on one of the boards, but when those show up they get booked fast so you have to be on top of it.