Atlanta SLOW this week for cargo vans. Anyone feel the same?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last time I was in Atlanta I pulled over for a knap and couldn't even sleep.... 45 min later got called in for a direct run into Southern IL... not the same this time around been here since Saturday, creeping my way up the board, now in the top 5.

I'm looking to get to Detroit, Toledo, Grand Rapids, Chicago, Cleveland and or Texas out of Atlanta, what are my chances?

Now the reason I say Texas is because I've been out on the road for 6 weeks as of today and need to get back to Colorado by end of month. I asked my carrier what locations had the most loads going into Colorado and it seems Texas and California had the most into the Denver Metro. I will run out to CA if needbe by the time you make it out there you've racked up some miles :)

Any one else that can persuade me to take a different route? I'm in Sprinter Van 140 Hi Roof.

Watch a big load come in another 30 min, isn't that how it works.... good sleeping weather down here ! :) for the new people w/o out all the fancy upgrades like me

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not much is normal for van freight right now.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
must be somewhat a new guy and expects freight to be always around...like the Munroe thread guy as well....

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
must be somewhat a new guy and expects freight to be always around...like the Munroe thread guy as well....

got 80k under my belt in a sprinter van, just not the post to back it too busy exploring cities and researching sprinter maintenance :)

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What side of the four corners of ATL on u sitting?

NE Atlanta... not really a Newbie just a young man in my early 30's. I do all my own sprinter maintenance and upgrades. I've been in the transport business for awhile previous to this I was a map sales rep and drove 50k a year in the southwest, my grand father owned a shipping business from 69-2007 in New Orleans, guess it runs in the family.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your in Atlanta does it really matter where your sitting freight wise?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123