Are there any companys that give u more than one load??????????

hernandez212

Active Expediter
I was thinking if u could carry 12,000lbs and they give you a load that weights 4,000lbs are they any company's that will give you a second load??? I know its a stupid question but i saw a guy post that his company gave him 2 or 3 loads at a time....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
That would be more along the lines of air freight or LTL trucking.
Expedite trucking by nature is one load at a time, the customer pays for the load to get their ASAP, meaning they pay for the whole truck.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I didn't see the post about getting more than one load but if it is not LTL the poster might mean he is preplanned.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Ceva, Bax(Schenker), UPS/overnite, Yellow, Holland, Towne Air Freight
to name a few there are many out there/

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Just so you know LTL freight can be good if you need to get somewhere, but it usually pays garbage rates.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Just so you know LTL freight can be good if you need to get somewhere, but it usually pays garbage rates.

same with air freight, it only pays if you have multiple stops in the same town, taking one stop to a town and you will go broke

guido4475

Not a Member
I think the question should be, is there any expediting companies that actually pay you full rate for having more than 1 load on youre truck at one time.Many do not, and just give you a stop-off pay.And then, there is Load One, who from what I have heard, pays you for each load.I havent had the blessing of that yet, but I'm sure it will come.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Guido you are correct. we have done a double load from El Paso to Saline MI with the second load El Paso to Taylor. Full rate on both loads. Made for a great week. We have also done some local loads like that as well.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have had a few of those myself, one this week...I know TJP had a 4 stop from Taylor to i believe Portland Oregon with stops along the way and each was paid as a seperate load...and they were long loads....:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've had a few at Panther where two loads were on the van at the same time and got paid full rate for each. But the nature of the business makes that a rare thing.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I think the question should be, is there any expediting companies that actually pay you full rate for having more than 1 load on youre truck at one time.Many do not, and just give you a stop-off pay.And then, there is Load One, who from what I have heard, pays you for each load.I havent had the blessing of that yet, but I'm sure it will come.

When I was with L/Star a couple of brokers did it regularly and paid for each load. It's a matter of getting two loads to the same area and make a delivery on time. It also requires a dispatcher who can think outside the box.;)

Falligator

Expert Expediter

Yeah, I did a double load once and got paid for two loads when with Load 1. Also happened with Panther also. 1 load going to Dallas, TX and 1 going to Laredo. Both loads picked up near Canton, OH.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Why is it that when there is a question about a company that pays you fairly, treats you fairly, or is just all around a quality carrier the answer always involves Load 1? I think all these Load 1 "drivers" are all office personnel, I'm onto you John Elliot!!! :D :D

Camper

Not a Member
Given the sporadic nature of this segment of the trucking industry, double loads are far and few between.