Are their any PTL cargo van drivers out their?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Yes he did.
Said the Love's was a very nice truckstop.

Lol he seemed to be in a good mood. Said he grossed between 2k-3k a week for about 2 months straight but hasn't been home at all during that time. Showed his settlement for that week and it was $2900 gross if memory serves me correct

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I was with them a long time ago. My experience there would not be relevant as far as income etc., but the people are the same. Good folks. They will treat you right. As far as how busy they are, haven't a clue.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Thanks Tom for your kind words.

I received a private message earlier regarding this post. My reply to the message was pretty much as follows, though not verbatim:

It is possible to do $3000 a week in a cargo van, just not every week. Vans are the vehicle most affected by the ups and downs of the industry, and we all know that being in the right place at the right time is important. The limitations that a driver places on dispatch also affects each week's settlement. Many factors play into how well any vehicle does from week to week. I'm sure PTL has had vans that have made $0 dollars in the worst of weeks during the slowest of times, and I know we've had a few break the $5,000 mark for a week once or twice - is either situation the "norm" - NO!

Regardless of the company you sign onto, I would believe that $900 to $1500 a week would be a very realistic number to expect as revenue per week for a van. You will always get a good week and a bad week every once in a while. Expediting has no guarantee of miles or revenue.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Tom for your kind words.

I received a private message earlier regarding this post. My reply to the message was pretty much as follows, though not verbatim:

It is possible to do $3000 a week in a cargo van, just not every week. Vans are the vehicle most affected by the ups and downs of the industry, and we all know that being in the right place at the right time is important. The limitations that a driver places on dispatch also affects each week's settlement. Many factors play into how well any vehicle does from week to week. I'm sure PTL has had vans that have made $0 dollars in the worst of weeks during the slowest of times, and I know we've had a few break the $5,000 mark for a week once or twice - is either situation the "norm" - NO!

Regardless of the company you sign onto, I would believe that $900 to $1500 a week would be a very realistic number to expect as revenue per week for a van. You will always get a good week and a bad week every once in a while. Expediting has no guarantee of miles or revenue.

Back in the day with PTL I was making a solid $1800.00 a week for about a year and a half, till that customer got production caught up and they started shipping LTL. After that I was doing $800-$1300 a week.