Are Expediters becoming extinct?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
With just 2 calls about an available ST driving position & seeing so many drivers wanted on the classifieds, it does make one curious .... what has happened? Is there a shortage of drivers? :confused:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL. I haven't had anything to say for a while - hard to believe I know LOL :D
silenced-woman.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We had a truck to get a driver into also. Looked at the available pool and really wasnt finding what we wanted either. One of my drivers found me a driver that more than meets what we are looking for, so we lucked out !!!!!!

There are alot of steering wheel holders out there and people who want some outrageous stuff.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The truth of the matter is freight rates are paying so low that no one want to be out on the road. While dispatchers and the like sit behind desk and then clock out and go home and be with their family's we do not. The same with local Drivers. The fact that freight isn't paying, So my bottom line is less way less. It is that of a local driver. Wrong answer over the road you should make more. A lot more than those that go home every night. Where are drivers going they are going away because they are not making the money that needs to be made to be out here on the road. Enough said.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
no, there are tons of steering wheel holders that are willing to be over the road for just a paycheck of any kind.
There are quality drivers also who will work for whatever also, the point is finding a good driver !!

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
The truth of the matter is freight rates are paying so low that no one want to be out on the road. While dispatchers and the like sit behind desk and then clock out and go home and be with their family's we do not. The same with local Drivers. The fact that freight isn't paying, So my bottom line is less way less. It is that of a local driver. Wrong answer over the road you should make more. A lot more than those that go home every night. Where are drivers going they are going away because they are not making the money that needs to be made to be out here on the road. Enough said.
Very well written IRT, I actually understand entirely without the " Decoder Ring" ;)

robh2

Veteran Expediter

Here is the sad part. Record year, but none of it went to the driver. Record year of being broke for many drivers unfortunately I say.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/trucking-industry-sets-record-with-700-billion-year/

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Here is the sad part. Record year, but none of it went to the driver. Record year of being broke for many drivers unfortunately I say.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/trucking-industry-sets-record-with-700-billion-year/

The drivers aren't going broke in the trucking industry. The pay is back up for company drivers and the miles are there. There are some great paying loads for owner operators as long as they don't sign up for flat rate so things are looking up across the board.