amsoil stats vs automated vehichle info

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I dont know right off hand what the system is actually called , but I'm referring to the dashboard system that tells you how much oil life you have left, tire pressure etc. My question is I have put the 25000 mile amsoil oil in my van ( 2008 chevy 2500 ) anyway the dashboard system seems to be following the same protocol as far as what % of oil life I have left before the next oil change. I do not run my van hard at all, in fact I generally run no more than 65 mph 98% of the ime even if the speed limit is 70, so do I follow the dash system or the 25000 recomendation from amsoil?
Any thoughts?

miker

Seasoned Expediter
38% oil life remaining . At my last oil change I wrote down that 25000 miles later would put me at changing the oil again at 42000, I currently have 25400

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
your dashboard systen is set for regular domestic oil.If you have the whole amsoil system with their oil filter system,you can practically go for ever between oil changes.In my 1993 freightliner,I had the amsoil system,did oil analysis every 15000 miles when I changed oil filters.Cat said that the oil was great and no need to change it.i got 150000 miles before actually replacing it,but like I stated,did chamge filters every 15000 miles.I have castrol synthetic in my car,only change it once a year,but the car is almost 9 years old and only has 11000 miles on it.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I do have the oil filter from amsoil as well, they state that it's good for 25000 as well

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Expediter John Schlimmer has driven over one million miles in the same Chevy van. He credits the van's long life to Amsoil and good maintenance. You can read his story in Expedite NOW magazine. His contact information is there too. He will be pleased to visit with you about your questions.

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
If you are going to run it that long, you would def. have to run a oil analysis every so often, just to keep an eye on things, but I have been running AMSOIL for quite a while in my car changing at 10-11k with no problems. Check out bob is the oil guy forums to view uoa from people running the oil that long to draw your own conclusion