6 years of fighting, you would think they would be tired.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
PHOTOS: Mass Exodus From Aleppo's Rebel Stronghold As Regime Forces Close In

6 years of this?? IMHO- WW3 started at 911 but with smaller battles in many places and only a few countries trying to stop it. The Art of War is in full play-- create many battle arenas and the big players that come to stop the bad guys, really can't find them because they just blend in with the indigenous folks of the area,,,its simple. It was invented by the Chinese way long ago, you know, the bow and arrow days,,it still works today--It worked in Nam, Africa, the Middle East , and so on.

PREMISES OF THE ART OF WAR
The Art of War presents the basic principles of warfare and gives military leaders advice on when and how to fight. Its 13 chapters offer specific battle strategies–for example, one tells commanders how to move armies through inhospitable terrain, while another explains how to use and respond to different types of weapons–but they also give more general advice about conflicts and their resolution. Rules like “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight;” “He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces;” “He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks;” “Victory usually goes to the army who has better trained officers and men;” and “Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril” can be applied to particular battle situations as well as to other kinds of disagreements and challenges.

The tactics were written in the 4th and 5th century,,,the Chinese....

I do not know what they teach at our War Colleges,,but it ain't working yet...imho.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Art of War is required reading in the U.S. Army war college and most officers have read it long before they get there. When warriors are permitted to fight the battles, winners and losers are quickly decided. When politicians get into the game, the wars go on and on.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have a grandson who leaves for Korea next month, will be interesting to hear his stories on his first assignment in the combat engineers. My dad was in Guam,and two more relatives at The Battle of the Bulge. One came home and one did not. I do hope with Mr. Trump in charge shortly, tactics will change.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have a grandson who leaves for Korea next month, will be interesting to hear his stories on his first assignment in the combat engineers. My dad was in Guam,and two more relatives at The Battle of the Bulge. One came home and one did not. I do hope with Mr. Trump in charge shortly, tactics will change.

In fairness to the generals, the politicians and Sun Tzu, author of The Art of War, it should be noted that troops don't mass any more because when they do, they can be taken out by an Air Force Airman sitting in an air conditioned building in Nevada. Enemy behavior and battlefield tactics ain't what they used to be.

Reactions: wimpy007