3126 Engine Life

willymutt

Seasoned Expediter
We are looking at a M2 with a 3126 for our rockcrawling team. We have looked at quite a few expediters, but I'm not sure on what the average life expectancy of the 3126 in the long haul. I am familiar with the city trucks, and know that 300k is quite a few on them. What kind of mileage are you getting out of your 3126's? Any advice you can give would be great. We are looking to spend around $18,000.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
stay far away from the 3126 the cummins motor seems to last much longer but that cat motor has let a lot of people sitting along side of the road I know of 6 engines personally that have died two of them mine,and its always the same problem,dropped valves.

willymutt

Seasoned Expediter
The problem is that we are having a hard time finding something that isn't trashed out. We need something with a 26' box and at least 250hp. The sleeper will get converted into seating for trips, and a walk-through into the box will allow us to move into the back while going down the road. The one we are looking at is nice because it has an 8' attic over the sleeper/cab, so we can put a nice sleeping area up there.

If anyone has a line a truck that fits this description, we are more than happy to look around. Our price range is the hard part. $18,000

Thanks

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
well again reman 3126 15000.00 plus piece of sh** to start with since you already are going to spend 18000.00 on a truck might as well put the extra 15000.00 with it and buy a truck that will last a while