2015 Freightliner M2 106 : Cab and chassis

JoelfromLosAngeles

New Recruit
Researching
Good day folks,

Does anyone know what the approximate cab and chassis weight stock of a 2015 Freightliner M2 106 with no box? Or with a dry box?
The company I work for is in the process of buying a new truck, but we are trying to figure out how much payload we actually be able to move after subtracting the weight of cab, chassis, fuel and driver.
We are looking at a new 2015 Freightliner M2 106 with a 26ft dry box.
Thank you kindly for your help.

Joel From Los Angeles. aka a newbie

tknight

Veteran Expediter
It all depends on what the cab and chassis is going to be on the gvw end. My m2 was around 10,500 it had a26k gvw
Look on the freightliner web site for weights, also box manufactures have weights for each box as well as liftgate on the websites.

Reactions: neilblack

JoelfromLosAngeles

New Recruit
Researching
Hello All,
My mistake, I should of been more specific. We are looking at one similar to the picture below. These have a GVW of 52,000.
Thank you again for your help in advance. Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 9.00.01 AM.png

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Same applies you can find all weights online just add them up and do the math,
I'd guess around 24k vehicle weight, but that really depends on the refer box weight, and that railgate on it!

neilblack

Rookie Expediter
A true believer in the K.I.S.S. I would rent a refer for a week or just call one of the large truck rental in SoCal and ask. That's just my suggestion.

Reactions: Treadmill