2010 Sprinter Stats through the first 10,000 Miles

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey ya'll just for any that are interested in what the new 2010 Mercedes-Benz Sprinters are getting for fuel MPG...Started off getting in the mid 18's than around 5 to 7 thousand miles it was flirting with the Mid 19's...Well I just got the first oil change on the Vehicle at the Mercedes dealer in St.Louis and it cost 260 for an oil change 12 quarts, a filter, fluid top off's, tire rotation, and DieselExhaustFluid (Bluetech) topped off...Crazyness...But after the oil change my first tank of fuel I got 21.06 MPG at 65 mph going from St.Louis, Mo to Chattanooga, Tn...Than from Chattanooga, Tn to my drop in Chamblee, Ga to Temple, Ga it got 20.43 mpg...So it looks like the new sprinters are not doin to bad with the MPG I'll keep this updated along with any problems I have and cost, for anyone who would be interested in this information...Note: I have the 2010 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 High-Top Super Extended...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya shoulda put this under the TRUCK forum...it'll probably get moved...

It is good to see the initials results...

now if we can get you more hands on like do your own oil changes and top off your own windshield fluid..I don't believe you paid a $1.00 PLUS TAX for someone to do that! *LOL*

We can add that to your month in Laredo stint...:D

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM next time I see you im gonna kick you in the face...:eek: Then drag you down to Laredo an leave you there for 2 months....:D

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Give it 40k tj....you should be able to coax 25 out of it.

And get someone to teach you to do your own services! Great way to stretch out and spend 30 minutes!

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I need to figure out how to reset the 10000 assyst on the dash for oil changes, and how to reset the DEF light after I refill it...But yes money will be saved whenever it gets outta warranty...I hope to get a consistant 22 to 23 mpg an I'll be happy...:D But so far I love this thing...would recommend it to anyone...Cant wait till the Expo this year we're all gonna have some fun...I PROMISE YOU THAT....:eek:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TJ...and anyone else with an 07 up,

This procedure works on vans without the steering wheel buttons/upgraded dash.

1. Put the key in the ignition and switch it on without starting the engine.
2. The ASSYST mileage will show, when the mileage shown returns to the vehicle mileage, hold the O button down till you hear a beep (could take a while)
3. As soon as you hear the beep, press the M button repeatedly and a number of reset menus will appear. Select "reset 51" Don't use the "std" or "31" resets.
4. At reset 51 press the O button until a number 2 appears, release the O button, then press it twice and the LCD should show "display reset done"

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
Do you have a sleeper set up in your sprinter? If so, how much cargo room do you have? Also, how much weight can you carry? Thanks!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you have a sleeper set up in your sprinter? If so, how much cargo room do you have? Also, how much weight can you carry? Thanks!
I've personally took a measuring stick to this bad boy.

18 feet from seat to rear door...thats 12 for cargo and a 6 foot sleeper! It is approx 70" wide to lay side to side TJ is a short azz..*LOL* sitting around 2250 payload as is now...With removal of passenger seat and lightweight bunker materials still should maintain just over 2,000 load.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wheelbase is 170" an I can lay widthwise inside of the van....A sleeper is not yet built, but will be soon...Just wanted to make sure I made the right choice before rushing in an building one...Also wanted other ideas from people on how to build it...Sliding door opens wide enough to where you can load/unload a skid 48" wide through it...Love this thing guys and it seems to me that the fuel mileage is gonna be better than the 07's an 08's and compete with the old Inline 5 cylinder engines of the 03's 04's 05's an 06's...:eek:

aileron

Expert Expediter
Wheelbase is 170" an I can lay widthwise inside of the van....A sleeper is not yet built, but will be soon...Just wanted to make sure I made the right choice before rushing in an building one...Also wanted other ideas from people on how to build it...Sliding door opens wide enough to where you can load/unload a skid 48" wide through it...Love this thing guys and it seems to me that the fuel mileage is gonna be better than the 07's an 08's and compete with the old Inline 5 cylinder engines of the 03's 04's 05's an 06's...:eek:

It will get better, but will never reach the mileage of a 5 banger.

Now, slow down a little and you will see better numbers.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
170 wheelbase...OK....is it really 18 feet from back of the seat to the rear doors? MB lists no such animal. 15 and a bit yes but 18? That would be almost 7 feet of rear overhang.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Tj,
just an fyi, I saw someone load a small skid through the side door of a GMC and the driver caught the door just enough to make a little fold into it. He couldn't shut the door and had to give up the load.

I would only load from the rear and keep your doors away from these fork lift drivers.

stamp11127

Seasoned Expediter
I got to sit and look in this beast yesterday. It is long and tall - you can all most get an echo it is so long inside - plenty of room.
So TJ when did you get loaded and did you try any of the bbq joints?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Oh I see how it is Jack...People were lovin this post in the place it was lol...;) jk

....and if they loved it in the wrong spot(that is soooo wrong) they will love it in the truck forum.(whew....safe sounding). ....and if you still don't like it never call me again:D:D. say hi to dan.