1st trip out with wife. 1st lesson learned.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
48 hours? Some are laughing. Wait until you hit a week. Do a search on beautiful Laredo and you will see some stories. Some being there several weeks with a goodwill sign in front of there truck along with a mailbox. :D

Reactions: ttruck and TDave

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You will sit a lot of places 48 hours especially on weekends, time to learn some patience. This job can drive you nuts without it.

Reactions: Murraycroexp

Lnzy1

New Recruit
Driver
Are you near any taco trucks at least? Tacos always help us when we're pissed about sitting too long.

We seemed to have to deadhead out of Laredo the last two times we went there.

Reactions: Dallen323

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you near any taco trucks at least? Tacos always help us when we're pissed about sitting too long.

We seemed to have to deadhead out of Laredo the last two times we went there.
tacotruck_lr3.jpg

Bamanat3r

New Recruit
Driver
Lol.... Drove up to loves, just so I can take free showers everyday. Hopefully something comes in tomorrow. Was offered a load a load Friday picking up Monday morning, I turned it down, told them I needed a quicker PU. LOL, that was smart.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Lol.... Drove up to loves, just so I can take free showers everyday. Hopefully something comes in tomorrow. Was offered a load a load Friday picking up Monday morning, I turned it down, told them I needed a quicker PU. LOL, that was smart.
Getting a Friday call in Laredo for a Monday pickup out of Laredo is gold. You're gonna be there all weekend anyway, and if the loads ends up canceling it's no big deal. But when you're told on Friday about a load for Monday, the chances are the load is already on the road in Mexico and is heading towards the border and will arrive by Monday.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Turning down the load wasnt a good choice. Dont get bored !! Been in the truck for 16 years with my wife, 1 trip is nothing. Go down town and do something or go out to the big HEB and grocery shop if you need to. Plenty of things to do to occupy your time. Also going 40 miles north to the loves to have free showers, now when you come back to get a load you have drove 80 miles. The people at the T/A are pretty good about giving you a free shower plus someone always has an extra shower on their card if you just ask. Fellow expediters are pretty good about that !!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turning down the load wasnt a good choice. Dont get bored !! Been in the truck for 16 years with my wife, 1 trip is nothing. Go down town and do something or go out to the big HEB and grocery shop if you need to. Plenty of things to do to occupy your time. Also going 40 miles north to the loves to have free showers, now when you come back to get a load you have drove 80 miles. The people at the T/A are pretty good about giving you a free shower plus someone always has an extra shower on their card if you just ask. Fellow expediters are pretty good about that !!!
Tom...if hes a straight truck 80 miles = about what $20.00 or more for a free shower?....2 smart moves...

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took a load delivering in Laredo late Friday. I have now named every bird outside my window. Almost 48 hrs. now, sitting inside this truck.
the very first load I did to Laredo I sat 6 days killed my wife and buried her ther jus kidding came to blows though.
after that we would make sure the load paid to dead head out to Houston allways a hazmat load out of thereu will get used to it ive got dish on the roof now and a pay station makes the day go by
Took a load delivering in Laredo late Friday. I have now named every bird outside my window. Almost 48 hrs. now, sitting inside this truck.

Reactions: Bamanat3r

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
All depends if you're in straight truck box truck and/or expediting cargo van or sprinters I do great out there, I visit Laredo quite often, I myself personally drive a cargo van. Yes I have fell victim to the waiting game in Laredo Texas I'm not trying to escape from that fact but on the majority of times I sit maybe two days at most and then I'm always out of there on a 1200 or 1500 mile run, my dispatcher has either been lucky or damn good from what I'm seeing from you folks. But yes as a gentleman mentioned earlier there is much to do in Laredo if you're in a smaller vehicle obviously you can't go driving the countryside in a huge box truck and expect to have a bunch of fun but when your in little vans like we are you can get out and do a lot more which makes it more interesting.