greasytshirt
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums Post Areas About

• Hello, I'm working on a Hino FB 2001 and I have a problem starting when the truck is cold? do you have any idea of what is the problem, I already replaced the 2 batteries.
    I just posted a message under "I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to."

Basically I'd like to know if your dealer is in VA & if so, which one. I'd like to bring my truck in. You seem very knowledgeable.

Thanks, Anthony
    greasytshirt
    greasytshirt
    I sent you a PM.
    B
    BonsaiArtTransport
    My company owns a 2014 Hino 338 and the dpr is doing frequent and abbreviated regen cycles. The truck is at around 70k miles. I would be grateful for any info/advice.
    Wondering what's the proper tool to adjust the headlights on a 07 338? Can I use a ratchet box end to turn the adjusting nut? Thanks
    greasytshirt
    greasytshirt
    Phillips head screwdriver through the side of the headlight housing.It'll engage a toothed gear.
    I have a 2010 hino 258 with a code of p0098 do you have suggestions on what I should check first or is most common
    greasytshirt
    greasytshirt
    P0098 is not a real code. Did you mean P0088?
    greasytshirt
    greasytshirt
    P0088=high fuel rail pressure=probably a sticking suction control valve.
    from milt .i have lots of problem with my 6 speed fs6406a eaton trany .i have change my 2 synchronizer 3 times in 4 years . i heard this trany as problem. your expert reply . thanks
    greasytshirt
    greasytshirt
    So many questions...you're going to need to PM me some history and VIN if possible.
    A quote from the dealer:
    Per our conversation yesterday, we found the DPR system has failed. We also found 3 of the 6 injectors overfueling. We are recommending to replace all 6 due to the fact that if we don’t replace all six it can cause damage to the new DPR.
    It has no power and pops thru intake, bucks and surges under acceleration. Any ideas? Passes all of the dx tests in hino explorer. The only spec out of range I have found so far is turbo boost is around 10 psi, 15 psi is spec if I recall. Again any Idea? I rarely work this product line.:(
    Working with a 09 268 w/200k on it. no code / drivability issues. It has been to two other shops and the dealer and they can not find problem.
    I'm just about to buy a Penske 2009 Hino 268 with 170,000 miles, but having come across this terrific thread of yours I'm nervous about how much bother Hino trucks might be. Are Internationals with the DT466 or Freightliners with a Cat or Merc likely to be less trouble? Thanks.
    These techs just suggest more tests which just costs more money. We deliver laundry to our hotels in the Rocky Mountains so not a heavy load. Could this be an altitude issue? It always seems to happen around Lake Louise Alberta. I also have a 2009 185 which had the same issues but since the recalls have been done it is fine but too small to handle our summer business. Any suggestions?
    greasytshirt
    greasytshirt
    Please ask these questions in the Hino thread .

The first thing that needs to happen is the injectors need to be evaluated. If they are no good, the regeneration process will never work correctly.
    Hi, I have a 2008 Hino 268 with 300,000 miles on it and am having constant issues with the DPR. It frequently asks for a manual burn instead of doing it automatically. Eventually it goes into limp mode and we have to take it into the Hino dealership to have it reset. This has happened at least 15 times in the past 3 years. They say that all the recalls have been done and they have brought in techs from Hino Canada.
    I have to make 2 posts as I was too long. I had a mechanic look at it and I told him about the 3 holes in throttle and he said he never heard of it, telling me I need throttle body and egr valve. Like to what you think.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…