Owner of 26 foot refrigerated reefer truck - How can I put it to work?

SkyLily

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
My company has a brand new 26 foot refrigerated straight truck with a lift gate. Weight capacity of 18000 pounds, space for 12 pallets, temperature controlled down to 0 degrees F. When we bought the truck we had hoped it would be in use much more than it currently is. We are in the distribution business where we deliver our products to customers in our local area. We are based outside of NYC.

I am looking to put this truck to work, because right now it is just sitting. Can you guys recommend the best way to go about this. I would not personally be driving the truck. We have drivers in our company, but they wouldn't necessarily be long haul drivers. Are there drivers out there that we can work a revenue share? A rough ballpark how much could I expect to generate with this vehicle. Or how many loads could I get? Very new to this cargo transporting business, so please excuse any ignorance. Thanks!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
go to fish market in nyc they may need help, i think hunter's point i think they have meat market and fish market there

Reactions: TeamHutch

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
With out a sleeper not much expediting can be done in it. You could swap the box for a shorter one then ad a sleeper.

TheCraftyTruckers

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
running around nyc you wouldn't need a sleeper if you were running local

Reactions: TeamHutch