Ohio State Police withholding Michigan CDL.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, since you two are convinced Ron is lying, you can ask him to provide the documentation he says he has, backing up his story. The bottom line is nobody knows who's telling the truth other than the two parties involved.
There are others in this thread and other threads who have also questioned Ron's statements, some more forecefully than others, yet you picked out Paul's to banter about, ignoring the others. Quite frankly, you really need to get over this woody you have for Paul and stick instead to discussing the issues at hand without hijacking the issue and trying to turn it into you telling Paul what he's doing wrong. If you can't handle what Paul posts, put him on IGNORE. You can disagree with him and what he says all you want, but you can't bash or belittle him for saying it. Those are the rules, and they're pretty simple. Everyone has their opinion about the various issues, and they can voice them all they want, including ripping other's opinions apart, but as soon as they start ripping the individuals, they're crossing the line.

You also need to realize that just because someone disagrees with you, and then agrees with someone else who also disagrees with you, that they aren't in some sort of alliance against you. Fact is, nobody cares enough about you to form an alliance against you. It's true. You're just not that important one way or the other. EO got along just fine before you got here, and it'll get along just fine long after you're gone. Same with me, same with everybody else here. Nobody cares, and nobody is all that important. We're just trying to keep thing civil in the meantime.

There's no point in continuing to rehash Ron's spinning, omission, and misrepresentations of the truth, or those who voice their opinions about it. Whether you agree with those opinions is irrelevant - they are entitled to them regardless. Ron has been asked to provide documentation, and he has thus far not done so. On other sites he has made statements of fact that police, recruiters, insurance adjusters and attorneys have all flatly refuted. Believe it or not, there are people here who know more about this case and the history of these stories than you do. No one owes anyone an apology.

So again, if you want to talk about the issues of the case, the Ohio State Police withholding a Michigan CDL, Ron's obfuscation, omission and twisting of the fact, case law, why Ohio refused to reinstate his license even though by law they have to do so if Ron fulfilled his sentence, why Ohio refuses to review the case again until 2012, or why Ron won't provide complete documentation to back up what he's saying, fine. But if you want to hammer people for stating an opinion you don't agree with, it's gonna be a problem. This is a polite warning to get things back on topic. Those who have an insatiable need to use you and you're a lot for a direct discussion, then perhaps a PM would be better suited for such a personal conversation.

Camper

Not a Member
No, Turtle, youre just not getting it. This isnt about Paul. It's about the sources he posted to discredit Ron.As I've said before, this "personal attack" Paul see is all in his head. The fact is he was the one who dug up and posted the stuff on Ron to refute his story. He put it out there as proof Ron was lying and I challenged his premise that those were conclusive sources. If it sounds like a personal attack on Paul, so be it. Perhaps he needs to drive more and worry less about others. Yes, Turtle, others, including yourself have accused Ron of lying but Paul was the one who dug up and posted stuff to discredit Ron. For him to have expected that nobody would challenge him on that was just naive in the extreme.

It would be easy for me to jump on the band wagon and call Ron a liar but the fact is his story, while questionable is very plausible, given the other party involved. There certainly was a motive for a cover up, given that the other party was a state employee.
In fact, Hotfr8trecuiter, on the second page of this thread said the same thing happened to him in Toledo.

Apparently some on this board have a lot more faith in government than they let on. I, on the other hand am stongly of the belief that our chief threats we face as truckers is government regulation and government corruption. Ron could very well have been a victim of the latter.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
No, Turtle, youre just not getting it. This isnt about Paul. It's about the sources he posted to discredit Ron.As I've said before, this "personal attack" Paul see is all in his head. The fact is he was the one who dug up and posted the stuff on Ron to refute his story. He put it out there as proof Ron was lying and I challenged his premise that those were conclusive sources. If it sounds like a personal attack on Paul, so be it. Perhaps he needs to drive more and worry less about others. Yes, Turtle, others, including yourself have accused Ron of lying but Paul was the one who dug up and posted stuff to discredit Ron. For him to have expected that nobody would challenge him on that was just naive in the extreme.

It would be easy for me to jump on the band wagon and call Ron a liar but the fact is his story, while doubtful is plausible, given the other party involved. There certainly was a motive for a cover up, given that the other party was a state employee.

Apparently some on this board have a lot more faith in government than they let on.

The thing you seem to be hammering on is that the court documents could be faked or fraudulent. I keep telling you that Ron has clearly lied here by saying he was hit in the rear which you can see in the picture he posted on another site he was hit in the side. He also tells a different version of this elsewhere so it isn't even just relying on court documents it is Ron's own words. Feel free to question the evidence, I have no issue with that, you just haven't shown anything I posted to be flawed. You seem to think you are the thought police and try to tell others what they think is wrong and only you are right, go ahead have a different opinion but why tell me I am wrong when you have nothing to refute what I posted. You telling me I need to drive more and worry less about others is laughable given that you are on track to exceed my post count and doing a lot of it by being concerned with what others are doing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, Camper, I do get it. If it's truly about Paul's sources, then refute the sources. If you want to challenge his premise that those were conclusive sources, then provide something conclusive to the contrary, rather than assumptions that something else might exist. A lack of additional facts is not evidence that they exist, much less evidence of what those mysterious missing facts might be, or that existing facts might not be correct. Paul dug up the facts of the case, which just so happened to be facts that were inconsistent with what Ron had been saying here and elsewhere, and which discredited Ron. If you think Paul went out and dug up facts for the sole purpose of discrediting Ron, well, that's naive in the extreme. All we're looking for here is the truth, whatever that may be, and if the truth discredits or supports Ron, that's the way it goes.

You didn't try to refute or discredit the sources that Paul posted, instead you tried to challenge Paul for posting it. In fact, you said it outright with, "Whether the stuff you dug up on this guy is legit or not is besides the point." No, actually, that's the entire point. All of it. It's the only point. It's the truth that we're after here, so digging up more of the truth is absolutely legit, and dead on point. You may be content with taking anything and everything that people post here at face value as true and complete, and never challenging or questioning anything, even when none of it passes the smell test, but few others here are willing to do that.

Camper

Not a Member
The thing you seem to be hammering on is that the court documents could be faked or fraudulent. I keep telling you that Ron has clearly lied here by saying he was hit in the rear which you can see in the picture he posted on another site he was hit in the side. He also tells a different version of this elsewhere so it isn't even just relying on court documents it is Ron's own words. Feel free to question the evidence, I have no issue with that, you just haven't shown anything I posted to be flawed. You seem to think you are the thought police and try to tell others what they think is wrong and only you are right, go ahead have a different opinion but why tell me I am wrong when you have nothing to refute what I posted. You telling me I need to drive more and worry less about others is laughable given that you are on track to exceed my post count and doing a lot of it by being concerned with what others are doing.

No Paul, Nobody thinks the court documents were faked. That's just silly. What I'm saying is court documents don't tell the whole story. They don't mention what the circumstances of the plea were, what evidendence was disallowed that might have proved Ron's case. For you to be throwing them out there like they're gospel was just wrong.

Ron, in the other site where his story was told did say he was sideswiped. I don't know why in this post he says he was rear ended. That is one of the questions, I have about his story. Hopefully, he comes on and clearifys that.

You accuse me of being the thought police yet you seem to have a penchant for shooting your mouth off with nothing to back it up.

Camper

Not a Member
No, Camper, I do get it. If it's truly about Paul's sources, then refute the sources. If you want to challenge his premise that those were conclusive sources, then provide something conclusive to the contrary, rather than assumptions that something else might exist. A lack of additional facts is not evidence that they exist, much less evidence of what those mysterious missing facts might be, or that existing facts might not be correct. Paul dug up the facts of the case, which just so happened to be facts that were inconsistent with what Ron had been saying here and elsewhere, and which discredited Ron. If you think Paul went out and dug up facts for the sole purpose of discrediting Ron, well, that's naive in the extreme. All we're looking for here is the truth, whatever that may be, and if the truth discredits or supports Ron, that's the way it goes.

You didn't try to refute or discredit the sources that Paul posted, instead you tried to challenge Paul for posting it. In fact, you said it outright with, "Whether the stuff you dug up on this guy is legit or not is besides the point." No, actually, that's the entire point. All of it. It's the only point. It's the truth that we're after here, so digging up more of the truth is absolutely legit, and dead on point. You may be content with taking anything and everything that people post here at face value as true and complete, and never challenging or questioning anything, even when none of it passes the smell test, but few others here are willing to do that.

No, Turltle, you're still not getting it. The issue is what the sources Paul dug up aren't saying. The irony is you're willing to back up the governemnt against a fellow trucker over what Ron didn't say.

I think you'll agree that our greatest threat out there as truckers is the type of encounter Ron had. Ohio happens to be one of the more notorious states, right up there with New York for this type of corruption. That being said, it is rather short sighted to dismiss Ron as being a liar. I'm not defending him but his story is totally plausible. If you and Paul are content on being closet pro government liberals, that's all fine and dandy. I for one, see this as yet another example of why regulations need to be scaped and why Highway patrol should be privatized. The Ohio highway patrol, in its current form, like most government entities is accountable to no one but I digress.

Rather than go back and forth with me on facts neither of us are privy to, let's just wait and see if Ron comes back and pose you and Paul's questions to him. I sent him a PM, hopefully he responds.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You accuse me of being the thought police yet you seem to have a penchant for shooting your mouth off with nothing to back it up.

Where do you feel I have shot my mouth off with nothing to back it up? It certainly wasn't in this thread as there is a lot of evidence to back up what I think. If I say something that is wrong I have no issue with it being pointed out and it just serves as being informative to myself and others that believe the same thing. The idea is to show that what I said is wrong though not just tell me I am wrong with nothing to back it up. If the discussion is about an opinion anyone can disagree with each other but the idea is to say you don't agree and explain your point of view not chastise the other person for their idea and just assume they are jumping on a bandwagon. If Ron wants to show his evidence of corruption and that he was railroaded he has that option, if he doesn't that's fine too. He doesn't really need to be concerned with what we think but if he can't convince people that don't like the system he is going to have a lot of trouble convincing people that are part of the system. If his story matched up or at least came close to what the evidence shows I would have sympathy for his situation and write a letter saying it was not right for him to lose his license if he requested us to. If his story went with the police report and witnesses that said he pulled out in front of the car I wouldn't feel it is right for him to be punished by having his license taken away, it would mean he is guilty of a traffic infraction and nothing more. The end result was tragic but I highly doubt Ron's intent when he woke up that day was to go out and kill someone. It doesn't make sense to punish one person with a $75 fine because when they made a turn in error no one was hurt but the other guy who thought he would have a longer yellow gets 3 years in prison, it wasn't done with evil intentions or something more reckless like being drunk or high that caused the error in the turn.

Camper

Not a Member
Where do you feel I have shot my mouth off with nothing to back it up? It certainly wasn't in this thread as there is a lot of evidence to back up what I think. If I say something that is wrong I have no issue with it being pointed out and it just serves as being informative to myself and others that believe the same thing. The idea is to show that what I said is wrong though not just tell me I am wrong with nothing to back it up. If the discussion is about an opinion anyone can disagree with each other but the idea is to say you don't agree and explain your point of view not chastise the other person for their idea and just assume they are jumping on a bandwagon. If Ron wants to show his evidence of corruption and that he was railroaded he has that option, if he doesn't that's fine too. He doesn't really need to be concerned with what we think but if he can't convince people that don't like the system he is going to have a lot of trouble convincing people that are part of the system. If his story matched up or at least came close to what the evidence shows I would have sympathy for his situation and write a letter saying it was not right for him to lose his license if he requested us to. If his story went with the police report and witnesses that said he pulled out in front of the car I wouldn't feel it is right for him to be punished by having his license taken away, it would mean he is guilty of a traffic infraction and nothing more. The end result was tragic but I highly doubt Ron's intent when he woke up that day was to go out and kill someone. It doesn't make sense to punish one person with a $75 fine because when they made a turn in error no one was hurt but the other guy who thought he would have a longer yellow gets 3 years in prison, it wasn't done with evil intentions or something more reckless like being drunk or high that caused the error in the turn.

Well, you can direct these questions/comments to Ron. I've said all I'm going to say on this matter. Also, there are an untold number of posts/threads of yours I don't jump in on, lest you think this discussion is all about you. The issue of truckers getting screwed over by needless regulations(DOT cards, sleep apnea, etc) and coruption(bad cops) happens to be an issue I take seriously as should anyone in this industry.

Like I said, there's just as much reasonable doubt in your theory as there is Ron's. The bottom line is nobody knows the truth but Ron. Hopefully, he comes back and gives a fuller explanation of the details.

Last edited:

ron

Expert Expediter

First off.. I'd like to say thanks to you guys for the support,and I didn't intend to start anything here. No one needs to apologize to me. I might have mistated that I was rear ended,rather that I was broaded sided as I was making a turn on green. He came into my blind spot. I don't have x-ray vision through the rear of the sleeper,and through the rear box. As for showing that there was corruption by the police,that will be hard to prove. I can't even convince people in the legal system that there was wrong doing,let alone you guys. No offence intended to you guys.I don't know what information Paul found,but if it's anything from Ohio it will be what they want on my record,and not what really happened. After all... I was envolved first hand ,and know what happened. They are just going on what they were told in the accident report. The funny thing is..you have to laugh at this like I do...none of these police officers in Ohio have ever rode with me,but they can sure judge me. LOL! As far as not giving you guys enough information. I'm sorry for that,but there is a lot of information that I haven't been able to get my hands on. The attorneys in Columbus,and the trucking company on what they have. I checked with Michigan,and Ohio attorneys,and they would have to hire a private investigator at $3,000 that I would have to pay for. Who knows what he might find , if anything. All i know is the driver of the car had the state of Ohio covering up for his neglience. I just tried to get this expunged from my record. I was informed in a letter on 9/17/2011 from the Ohio court that the only way to get my license reinstated was to have my record expunged,or be aquitted of all charges. The bad news. If I go to court to get aquitted,and I lose the court can refile the charges against me for the full sentencing term they were asking for in the first place. That is not what I wanted to hear. I don't know if it is a bluff to get me to back off,but that would be a big gamble. I asked about "double jeopardy" if it was attached. I was informed that it wouldn't,because it was before a judge,and I didn't have a jury trial. Sound like another way out for Ohio. I'm sure learning a lot about the law in Ohio the hard way ! LOL! I'll keep plugging away at getting my license reinstated. The way the economy/no jobs is now in my state i got time to straighten this out. It's between Michigan,and Ohio,so it's out of my hands now any way. I just wanted to say Thanks to you guys. You've been more helpful that you realize. Thanks again.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ron the information I found was from court documents but it also seems your story has changed based in the website you post it on. The issue seems to be the state as well as multiple witnesses said you ran the red light and you say you didn't and that you have witnesses supporting you. There is no mention of witnesses that support your story so maybe you need to get them to write letters for the governor or testify in court to clear your name. Right now people are in an anti-government mood so this would probably be a strategic time to fight it and show any evidence you can of a cover up.

ron

Expert Expediter
Ohio State Police withholding Michigan CDL.....You folks want to hear something funny ? My wife,and I bought a new car. Well I haven't had a driver's license since 2006. I went to the Michigan DMV to get a Michigan State ID. on 11/18/2014 to be able to sign papers for the car. They informed me that the Ohio Highway Patrol,and the Ohio Department of Public Safety still had a "Hold" on my Michigan CDL,and any license I might get from Michigan. The lady behind the counter said "I don't know what you did down there,but Ohio has a "Hold" on your license ". I'm 66 now,will be 67 in April. "Police officers are paid to commit perjury,when it benifits the state's case". the late George Carlin.

OldAirFreightDog

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
Amonger:
Quite a post back there on page 3................interestingly, there are now thousands of recent videos online to back you up.

Last edited:

ron

Expert Expediter
Still having recruiters contacting me for driving jobs. I was falsely accused of an accident in Ohio in 2005. The guy driving the car owned by the state of Ohio ran a red light into the rear of my truck. So the cops manipulated the facts of the accident to cover-up for him. I found out why trucking companies like owner operators,so when something like this happenss they can claim your and "Independant contractor",and not an "employee". This gets them off the hook. Your recruiters should inform new truck drivers that this could happen to them. I've have driven for 38yrs,and you run up against Police who play politics at an accident scene. My wife an I drove 5 hr. one way on Feb 14,2006 to Fostoria,Ohio. There wasn't one person in Ohio who stood up in court to defend me. There were witness that told the Police at the accident scene that the guy ran the red light. The Police told them "We're not interested". The Ohio State Police are telling Michigan that I'm a danger to others on the road. I haven't had a driver's license since 2006. It's nice to know the Police can lie about truck drivers,and wreck their careers. They can hide their lies behind their badges. the trucking companies,and the recruiters just believe the police,and go hire a new driver. Trucking companies complain that they cannot find "experienced drivers",but won't defend the good ones when the time come to do so. Thank for your time.

ron

Expert Expediter
Just wanted to give you an update on this. Fort Wayne said that I disappeared after posting ,so I'm considered "Guilty" ? Really? Well since the accident I had a major heart attack caused by the accident an almost died. The guy who ran the red light into my truck sued me. SSgt Savage of the Ohio Highway Patrol told my state that "I was a danger to others on the road" Because their was a "Fatality" their lawyers got a court order to bring up my driving record from 1964 when I started driving at 16. Evidence they used against me. I am not allowed to have a CDL, just got my Michigan restricted driver license in 2017 . I had to retire at 62 . But the late George Carlin said it best " Police officers are paid to commit perjury ,when it benefits the state's case.". I am turning 70 this year. and still getting fallout from this years later. The cops who lied ,and the guy who was driving the car are doing just fine. But who cares about honesty, and integrity in the police department ? You answer me this....how many tickets that police write are legitimate are real ,and how many are "made up" to benefit the state's ,and courts pocketbook ? But hay....who care about someone else ,as long as it doesn't happen to me ! I told the judge in Fostoria Municipal court after it was all over.( The attorney said We'll let him decide) that one good thing came out of this "I'm leaving here with a clear conscience. I did 't kill that gentleman ,the guy driving the car did. It was his responsibility to see to it him ,and his passenger got to their destination in a safe manner. It had nothing to do with me ,I was another innocent victim of HIS negligence ,but that was not brought up at all." Thanks to those here that did stand up for me. Much appreciated !

ron

Expert Expediter
As a retired trooper which citied many truckers I can assure everyone here that in all the tickets I issued and all the accidents I worked no one ever lost their license over one accident..
Unless it was a fatal. There is something here they are not telling us. It could be many things which led to this problem....ranging from past history, a failure to comply with DOT regulations which may have been a contributing factor...etc etc. Alot of things are not adding up here is all I'm saying. So before we get all wet in the eyes and attack all those horrible, mean, corrupt and dishonest officers, maybe we should consider we are not hearing the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

It's that attitude by officers that tell just "who's side they're on". The state that pays their salaries. It's a "Rigged game" you ,and I and everyone else knows it already. The officer's lie is "In the interest of your safety. I am going to ruin your life,and feel good about it ,and get paid for doing it . Sure you can fight it in court ,but don't forget it's our game,and you've lost before you even get there. I have friends there, and we ALL have the same agenda". You know that you can't sue police for "libel", or "slanderous" statements made against you ?

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this is why when others keep telling you police are crooked but you don't listen becuase it's black people telling you ..sorry for your situation and welcome to the life of minorities everyday in America .

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app