Truck insurance in CA

dbdorr

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
A year ago, I got out of the game of car hauling. I suspended my operating authority and cancelled my commercial insurance. Currently I am getting into expediting starting with a 2004 Chevy G3500 extended. The van is just about outfitted and ready to hit the road, but when I called Progressive today to get a new policy, they tell me that they cannot give me the unlimited mile radius that I had with my truck and trailer. The best they could do is give me 500 miles. That would get me 1/2 way through Nevada, or barely into Oregon, or barely into Arizona. That's not gonna cut it. Anybody else run into this issue?? And anybody else running a cargo van in CA that knows of an insurance company that can give me an unlimited radius?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A year ago, I got out of the game of car hauling. I suspended my operating authority and cancelled my commercial insurance. Currently I am getting into expediting starting with a 2004 Chevy G3500 extended. The van is just about outfitted and ready to hit the road, but when I called Progressive today to get a new policy, they tell me that they cannot give me the unlimited mile radius that I had with my truck and trailer. The best they could do is give me 500 miles. That would get me 1/2 way through Nevada, or barely into Oregon, or barely into Arizona. That's not gonna cut it. Anybody else run into this issue?? And anybody else running a cargo van in CA that knows of an insurance company that can give me an unlimited radius?
I would give Mailer a PM and ask him what company he uses. He lives I think in the SoCal area. He should be able to give you some suggestions.