HO HO OH it's Load One December

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We look forward to getting you back Eddie! Well first snow fall last night, stuck to the grass but luckily not the roads!

Reactions: Steady Eddie

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone at Load One! Glad to hear that we had some Great things happen this weekend. That's always encouraging.

With winter here and getting colder out I decided to go ahead and get the Def heater replace. Well apparently the Def pump was going bad as well and while the van was in the shop decided to get the nox sensors installed. With the bill coming soon I've been crying the whole time while I've been in the hotel room. LOL

I should be back in service Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Eddie that a good price for a EGR. Mine at Euro parts was 400.00 I think. We will see yall soon. Be careful later on in the week. Bad weather is coming!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just noticed there is now a QC scanning option for "custom paper work at shipper". Does this mean we can scan the customs paperwork over instead of faxing? Or is this something else?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well yes and no. So many drivers don't clean, calibrate and maintain the scanners that the images are often not clear enough for customs to read all the fine details. Per Anthony our customs guru:

I tell them that the scanner is an option but that sending from the shipper via fax or email or using a scan app from their phone and emailing are the first options

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Couple quick updates:

The wreaths have come in and are available from admin department for $30. They are great on the front of your truck or at home. For everyone you buy...one matching wreath is donated to be placed on a headstone at Arlington. As well $5 will be donated to Wreaths Across America to help support the charity.

Also we will have buses that the company is providing leaving the terminal at 730 am sharp on the morning of Dec 17th to go Michigan National Cemetery in Holly Michigan. We will meet one of the Load One Patriot trailers being driven this year by our own Dennis James Olson in memory of Ken Johnson who we sadly lost this year. Ken and Dennis have run wreaths and the Patriot Trailers side by side for a number of years. We will then participate in the ceremonies and place the wreaths on the graves of our American heroes.

If you and your family would like to attend please email [email protected] or let Becky know. We just need to get a rough idea and I realize OTR drivers may not know if they will be here. If you are here we will make room for you! It is an amazing tribute and event.

I am proud that this year we will have two Load One trucks at Arlington National Cemetery as well. Long time owner operator Torey Alexanderand fleet drivers Michael Deede and Heather Deede will piloting those units. Tory will be stopping at Fleet One/Wex HQ for an event featuring one of our Patriot trailers. The Deedes will be taking part in the week long convoy from Maine to Arlington.

(pic of Ken and Dennis pulling wreaths in 2013)

1.jpg

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
QC? What's that? I signed on in July 2013, Aug. 2013 had to get the scanner replaced and keyboard/monitor replaced. One other time the black box. July of this year, had one overnight to the house on my dime. Now it is not working again. Called Matt, nothing he can do remotely. Locks up on boot up. Haven't updated since 11-16-2016. Black box is showing the correct lights as normal. When this thing works it's great. I know few if any, are having these problems.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
QC? What's that? I signed on in July 2013, Aug. 2013 had to get the scanner replaced and keyboard/monitor replaced. One other time the black box. July of this year, had one overnight to the house on my dime. Now it is not working again. Called Matt, nothing he can do remotely. Locks up on boot up. Haven't updated since 11-16-2016. Black box is showing the correct lights as normal. When this thing works it's great. I know few if any, are having these problems.

I dont like computers either....LOL

Reactions: Steady Eddie