Big Truck 18 Speed Automatic Eaton won't go into gear

Jeremy snyder

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a 2002 Kenworth T2000 with an Eaton 18 speed automatic transmission and have had numerous shifting problems. The current problem is that it will start up and show neutral but the service light comes on and then the transmission will not go into gear. Any ideas on how to reset whatever the problem is or what to tell someone to fix. I have had this looked at numerous times and no one can seem to ever get it corrected permanently. Truck only has less than 80,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any help.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2002 Kenworth T2000 with an Eaton 18 speed automatic transmission and have had numerous shifting problems. The current problem is that it will start up and show neutral but the service light comes on and then the transmission will not go into gear. Any ideas on how to reset whatever the problem is or what to tell someone to fix. I have had this looked at numerous times and no one can seem to ever get it corrected permanently. Truck only has less than 80,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any help.
Try posting this in the Truck forum, you will have better success in getting your question answered.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Try replacing the fuse for the transmission computer it's separate from the engine and the body controller , also try removing the ground from the batteries and waiting a few min may reset everything in computers. It worked on my truck but it's not the same truck but costs nothing to try!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums