Looking to get into expediting newbie

DFisk1975

New Recruit
Researching
Hello everyone. Im Donny and live in Saginaw,Mi. I have a Class B with haz and airbrakes. I'm looking for a fresh new start.
I have talked to a recruiter at Tempus Transport based out of PA. But I am looking for something Mi based. I have looked a Load 1 but it looks like they only do owner operator. I see on Load 1's facebook they contract with a company called NorAm. Does NorAm do solos? My major problem is I have no one to drive teams with and I don't see any one hiring solo drivers for straight truck. Any and all info would help so I can get my butt in and a seat asap.
Thank you

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone. Im Donny and live in Saginaw,Mi. I have a Class B with haz and airbrakes. I'm looking for a fresh new start.
I have talked to a recruiter at Tempus Transport based out of PA. But I am looking for something Mi based. I have looked a Load 1 but it looks like they only do owner operator. I see on Load 1's facebook they contract with a company called NorAm. Does NorAm do solos? My major problem is I have no one to drive teams with and I don't see any one hiring solo drivers for straight truck. Any and all info would help so I can get my butt in and a seat asap.
Thank you

Well every carrier has fleet owners, I suggest looking in the classified section here. And also call the carriers they can tell ya if a fleet owner has a truck open for ya

King of short runs.

Reactions: ntimevan

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Im currently looking for a expedite driver who lives in Michigan. I have a brand new 2017 Volvo 670 and this driver would be running expedite loads mostly that pay good and brokered loads if need be. Reach me if anyone is interested that has 2 years or more experience and has a clean MVR record.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Two PTL drivers responding to one EO post is amazing! Thanks Tobster and Fastman. I appreciate all you guys do.

coleman6566

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
US Navy
Yes. Solo. In a Str8
That's cool. I didn't think any companies ran solo str8ts anymore. Are you paid by the mile or load? Making any money? Own your own truck? reason why I ask is I'm thinking about getting into a str8t after the first of the year.

KP.

New Recruit
Researching
Thank you

KP.

New Recruit
Researching
Hi everyone, I've been researching for several months and looking to get in to CV expediting, I have no experience, or CDL but can buy the CV or perhaps it best to work for a company to gain the knowledge of the industry first. My other option is roadmaster training for CDL for long haul and maybe team with my brother who works for one of the larger companies but my interest lies with CV expedite.
My questions for the community here is what companies would be best to contact so I can get the details needed to understand the options and the associated costs as an OO? If anyone can provide me how to figure my cost i would greatly appreciate the help. I've found calculations on-line but they are not current. Any help is appreciated! I'm in IT now and have been for over 20 years, ready for a change and really looking forward to it.
Thanks for reading.

Reactions: TeamPaul

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
I worked for PTL for over 3 years, and found that they are a good and honest company to sign on with. Get in contact with John Mueller, one of the owners of the company, he is a straight and honest guy, and will tell you the truth about expediting.

Reactions: JohnMueller

KP.

New Recruit
Researching
Paul, thanks for the response. I'm interested in your opinion of the CV expedite industry (do you drive a CV?) and do you have a rough idea of the average per mile rate for a driver? Would you suggest another place for me to post on this site for a higher response rate? Thanks safe travels.
-Kathryn