The Power Of One in October

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Well what we have here is a failure to launch!

John, I have a question or two if I may?

1. Isn't there now a dedicated Texas salesperson, hired or created earlier in the year, supposed to be building customers and such? Seems to me that I recall the announcement on the qc but no follow up?

2. If a truck is sitting and offers or loads are hard to come by, either by not closing on the bids or no customers are in that area. However freight is popping or available in nearby or other areas either on the load boards or by already moving other drivers out. Is there a process that kicks in early to contact the sitting truck and move them to that area?

This is Houston not Bengazi, we can be in Larado, San Antonio, Eagle pass and Dallas in reasonable time. So this brings up my last question?

Knowing now that 3125, can be in the places mentioned has well as others and unfortunately will be sitting in the Houston area again overnight. Is any effort being made to make bids or contact customers in those areas so a Tues morning pick up can become possible or does this just remain a Houston search to begin again tomorrow morning?

I just want to understand our processes better, freight isn't slow, yes the rates are still down but no offers for 2days (sat & sun) and 3 offers today (mon) is difficult to understand in such a high freight corridor.

Thank you for all your hard work and your time in this matter.

Drive safe!

Side note; if your a van driver please disregard my posted opinon on costs of dot inspections. My opinion reflects my CDL A licence and being currently mandated for all actions and viehicle maintenance by the DOT and FMCSA.

It is not my place to speak for non Cdl drivers.

Drive safe in whatever your in!

Yes to most of all of this. In fact I was in Houston with customers last week for two days. But I will comment when I am in front of a key bird vs the phone. Trust me their is a whole lot that goes on in the process that you won't see from the truck.

Sometimes simple bad luck. Only otr straight in the fleet over 15 hours. Uggghhh.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Thank you John!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Outstanding. Since I just love statistics, by what percentage have sprinter vans increased CSA scores compared to regulated straights and semi's?

Being non regulated the vans do not reflect on CSA scores unless they are hauling placarded hazardous material.. The vans that are over 10k do. All the vans do have a surprisingly significant effect on our loss ratio and accident volume for insurance.

guido4475

Not a Member
Last week load to the yard CXLD
This weeks load to the yard CXLD

heading home to put my ol dog down. 15 years old and I think he is ready.
He's been a very good Lab.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Sorry to hear of you're loss. I still have my bad days of missing Rambo. It surprises me how many places I pick up or drop off at ask where he is. He was loved by many, and I never cried as hard as when I had to put him down that day. As time goes on, it gets easier. Be strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry to hear of you're loss. I still have my bad days of missing Rambo. It surprises me how many places I pick up or drop off at ask where he is. He was loved by many, and I never cried as hard as when I had to put him down that day. As time goes on, it gets easier. Be strong.

Thanks, this will be my 4th dog to get put down. Never is easy.

My second that I will do the "ol'yellow on". I find it easier on him and me. He will be in a for Familiar place not all stressed out going to the vet.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
3215, is now feeling the love! Sitting down to dinner and we get a call. "Hey, were trying to get you a load out of Houston but there is freight moving in both Memphis and Larado, which one do you want to go too?"

Wow, major points in the communications area with that!

That's teamwork! Sitting sometimes is just part of the game but when it reaches a certain point, we can solve it together. Point us out, we'll line it up and work with each other for a better result!

Thank you to all involved!

A special hug to John!

Yeah mon!!!!

Drive safe! 3215 is Larado bound!

Last edited:

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
"Holy one liners Batman!"

Just parked at the TA in Larado and got a load!

Mccellen, Tx to Sc and wait for it.....................its a Hazmat load (does happy dance!)

Way to go TEAM LOAD ONE!

Drive safe!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wow Guido, didnt realize you lost Rambo, so sorry. He was a great little dog. We to are in that predicament, our old beagle { Doc } has been really sick since last Monday. Spent 2 days at the vet with intestinal issues and isnt eating on his own. He goes back today for a visit and a recommendation as to what we should do. He is 13 and has led a good life and been a good dog. Just dont think its right to make him suffer just to please us. We will see !!

Windsor

Veteran Expediter

Rambo was a good dog Guido. I still miss seeing him. :(

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Wow Guido, didnt realize you lost Rambo, so sorry. He was a great little dog. We to are in that predicament, our old beagle { Doc } has been really sick since last Monday. Spent 2 days at the vet with intestinal issues and isnt eating on his own. He goes back today for a visit and a recommendation as to what we should do. He is 13 and has led a good life and been a good dog. Just dont think its right to make him suffer just to please us. We will see !!

I'm sorry to hear that.

guido4475

Not a Member

Yes, I was in the same predicament as well. Rambo was 15, and led a good life. It was the hardest thing for me to do, but I knew he could not go on suffering any longer, and it was having a major impact on my work and life as well.

That was a tough 6 months, with having to put Rambo down, quitting smoking, my Dad passing away, quitting the use of salt and sugar, I think I fared pretty well. I managed not to kill anyone, anyways...But, American Scott did bring up how much of a flaming ass**** I was at that time. For that, I apologize to everyone for being a flaming Ass****. Now, I'm just a regular ass****........lol...

guido4475

Not a Member
Okay, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a ton of things to do to the van today, and my sore throat seems to be going away....

Incidentally, I was put in Facebook jail for a post about a year ago, that really wasn't that bad.....lol....It's amazing the things I have been able to accomplish without being on Facebook the last few days......lol...

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Let me see if I got this right. Sprinters now are required to be inspected twice a year?

I haven't needed one in over 4 years and now twice a year?

I find this very puzzling. Especially, after what a load one mechanic said on my first and only inspection. "There is really not much to check on a Sprinter, we just make sure the lights and horn work".

BTW, informed today that my inspection is due at the end of the month. Maybe I can also get a properly working QC by then also
Over the last 5 years even when Load One didn't require it, I still had mine inspected once a year at my regular mechanic shop. Not the Sprinter guy at the dealer, as the Dodge dealer never does DOT inspections. My regular mechanic shop, not only do they know my Sprinter very well, but they also do a lot of DOT inspections on big trucks, as well as the inspections on the city police and county sheriff vehicles. When I bring mine in for an inspection, they know I'm not just looking for a pass, but that I'm looking for what is in need of repair, and what might be the next thing to go to the top of the list to start thinking about. They're also really good about giving it a good once-over whenever I have it in there for most anything.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Soooo, The "Expedite" Division is now "Solutions"?

That makes perfect sense and isn't confusing at all.

Points to whoever made the timely edits on the Web page to reflect that, though. :)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dog is put on hold for now. Wife said he is doing better. I've been home a few hours and he hasn't move, only lifting his head when I came in.

Voted
Oil changed
The other tail light sockets replaced
Camshaft position sensor next
Clothes washing and drying.

Lunch time

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Soooo, The "Expedite" Division is now "Solutions"?

That makes perfect sense and isn't confusing at all.

Points to whoever made the timely edits on the Web page to reflect that, though. :)

I'm afraid of that word.
I'm guessing (and it's a pure guess on my part) that no one in particular is tasked with checking the expedite@ email address, so they get emails that no one ever sees, for a long time. Changing it to solutions@, which is the Customer Solutions contact for customers, will ensure that expedite emails get looked at in a timely fashion.

I think a better way to handle it, instead of just deactivating or not looking at the expedite@ mailbox, would be to configure expedite@ as an alias of solutions@, so that anything sent to expedite@ would just automatically to go the solutions@ email box, anyway.

Failing that, expedite@ needs to be truly deactivated so that mails sent to it will bounce, alerting the sender that they really really need to change the address in their email client's address book. I don't know that I've ever sent anything to the expedite@ mailbox. Any time I've emailed something, other than to admin@, I send it to an individual person.