The Power Of One in October

guido4475

Not a Member
You brought something from another thread into this thread for the explicit purpose of attacking another EO member. That's pretty blatant.
rumour mill....some carrier now wants a DOT safety done twice a year....when vans don't even require it (except in states that require a year safety) ..but get this...they'll give you a break and only charge you $25.00....or $50.00 on the year if you get it done at their shop...talk about increasing the income stream...

I know the above post from Ovm is over a week old, taken from his carriers pad on here, but, boy, has he got it all wrong, as it appears as if he thinks load one now requiring safety checks every 6 months is about money for the company. What a jack-off. We all know it's about having the safest, most compliant fleet out here. What gets me is that when he was here, he wore the largest set of pom-poms of anyone. Than he leaves like a coward, and takes every chance to slam John and load one in any way..what a piece of ××××.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: GuyUpNorth

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well most shops are $50 to $75 per DOT inspection. So making it required twice a year and cutting the price in half seems to me....twice the labor expense for us. Increased safety. Owner operator has chance to fix repairs that are found before they become expensive breakdown. The fact we really don't like to work on owner operator equipment other then some minor items....revenue stream or increased expense for the company? I think most can figure the math on that one, lol.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well most shops are $50 to $75 per DOT inspection. So making it required twice a year and cutting the price in half seems to me....twice the labor expense for us. Increased safety. Owner operator has chance to fix repairs that are found before they become expensive breakdown. The fact we really don't like to work on owner operator equipment other then some minor items....revenue stream or increased expense for the company? I think most can figure the math on that one, lol.
Exactly.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
rumour mill....some carrier now wants a DOT safety done twice a year....when vans don't even require it (except in states that require a year safety) ..but get this...they'll give you a break and only charge you $25.00....or $50.00 on the year if you get it done at their shop...talk about increasing the income stream...

I know the above post from Ovm is over a week old, taken from his carriers pad on here, but, boy, has he got it all wrong, as it appears as if he thinks load one now requiring safety checks every 6 months is about money for the company. What a jack-off. We all know it's about having the safest, most compliant fleet out here. What gets me is that when he was here, he wore the largest set of pom-poms of anyone. Than he leaves like a coward, and takes every chance to slam John and load one in any way..what a piece of ××××.

But, but, it's not how many times you get your DOT DONE, it's how much you get it DONE for...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well most paid $50 to $75 once a year. So twice a year at $25 per inspection = $50. Twice as many at half the price equals :)

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

I feel pretty good about having these inspections done. If Load 1 finds a mechanical issue that could have left you stranded out on the road, you would likely save a whole lot more than $50 with an early detection. Seems like money well spent for a little piece of mind.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I feel pretty good about having these inspections done. If Load 1 finds a mechanical issue that could have left you stranded out on the road, you would likely save a whole lot more than $50 with an early detection. Seems like money well spent for a little piece of mind.

Agreed. The goals were a few. Increase safety. We found things on units with annual inspections that were troublesome. Many of them were things that took owners buy surprise. We spend millions each year on insurance and safety. Trying to keep our CSA numbers improving, keeping our drivers and the motoring public safe, reducing breakdowns and lower overall fleet repair costs, and thus in turn improving service. But the most important was keeping everyone safe. If one accident a year is prevented it is worth it. We could have said ok, we are keeping the $50 annual and your semi annual is free and it would be the same thing. But simply doing it this way made the best sense.

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Well if you want my opinion (grins.) It's all about saftey!

A $25 dot inspection yearly by your company or a prvt inspector is unrealistic, so at $50 a year its a bargain to be safe and made aware of any issues beforehand and if your company will do 2 inspections yearly for the same $50, why thats awesome! Maybe throw a backrub in while your waiting to "sweeten the deal!"

On a side note "Houston, we have a problem!" 3215 is still here, ack! Not a call at all since we arrived early Sat morning. Team straight just chomping at the bit to get rolling! Lets make some moolah for both the truck and load one!

Help us, so that we can pay for the dot inspections and in turn it will also help our company to offer them at such a reasonable fee!

:bobtail:

(Smiles,) ya'll drive safe now!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let me see if I got this right. Sprinters now are required to be inspected twice a year?

I haven't needed one in over 4 years and now twice a year?

I find this very puzzling. Especially, after what a load one mechanic said on my first and only inspection. "There is really not much to check on a Sprinter, we just make sure the lights and horn work".

BTW, informed today that my inspection is due at the end of the month. Maybe I can also get a properly working QC by then also

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last week load to the yard CXLD
This weeks load to the yard CXLD

heading home to put my ol dog down. 15 years old and I think he is ready.
He's been a very good Lab.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Let me see if I got this right. Sprinters now are required to be inspected twice a year?

I haven't needed one in over 4 years and now twice a year?

I find this very puzzling. Especially, after what a load one mechanic said on my first and only inspection. "There is really not much to check on a Sprinter, we just make sure the lights and horn work".

BTW, informed today that my inspection is due at the end of the month. Maybe I can also get a properly working QC by then also

It started a few months ago??

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Well what we have here is a failure to launch!

John, I have a question or two if I may?

1. Isn't there now a dedicated Texas salesperson, hired or created earlier in the year, supposed to be building customers and such? Seems to me that I recall the announcement on the qc but no follow up?

2. If a truck is sitting and offers or loads are hard to come by, either by not closing on the bids or no customers are in that area. However freight is popping or available in nearby or other areas either on the load boards or by already moving other drivers out. Is there a process that kicks in early to contact the sitting truck and move them to that area?

This is Houston not Bengazi, we can be in Larado, San Antonio, Eagle pass and Dallas in reasonable time. So this brings up my last question?

Knowing now that 3125, can be in the places mentioned has well as others and unfortunately will be sitting in the Houston area again overnight. Is any effort being made to make bids or contact customers in those areas so a Tues morning pick up can become possible or does this just remain a Houston search to begin again tomorrow morning?

I just want to understand our processes better, freight isn't slow, yes the rates are still down but no offers for 2days (sat & sun) and 3 offers today (mon) is difficult to understand in such a high freight corridor.

Thank you for all your hard work and your time in this matter.

Drive safe!

Side note; if your a van driver please disregard my posted opinon on costs of dot inspections. My opinion reflects my CDL A licence and being currently mandated for all actions and viehicle maintenance by the DOT and FMCSA.

It is not my place to speak for non Cdl drivers.

Drive safe in whatever your in!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well what we have here is a failure to launch!

John, I have a question or two if I may?

1. Isn't there now a dedicated Texas salesperson, hired or created earlier in the year, supposed to be building customers and such? Seems to me that I recall the announcement on the qc but no follow up?

2. If a truck is sitting and offers or loads are hard to come by, either by not closing on the bids or no customers are in that area. However freight is popping or available in nearby or other areas either on the load boards or by already moving other drivers out. Is there a process that kicks in early to contact the sitting truck and move them to that area?

This is Houston not Bengazi, we can be in Larado, San Antonio, Eagle pass and Dallas in reasonable time. So this brings up my last question?

Knowing now that 3125, can be in the places mentioned has well as others and unfortunately will be sitting in the Houston area again overnight. Is any effort being made to make bids or contact customers in those areas so a Tues morning pick up can become possible or does this just remain a Houston search to begin again tomorrow morning?

I just want to understand our processes better, freight isn't slow, yes the rates are still down but no offers for 2days (sat & sun) and 3 offers today (mon) is difficult to understand in such a high freight corridor.

Thank you for all your hard work and your time in this matter.

Drive safe!

Side note; if your a van driver please disregard my posted opinon on costs of dot inspections. My opinion reflects my CDL A licence and being currently mandated for all actions and viehicle maintenance by the DOT and FMCSA.

It is not my place to speak for non Cdl drivers.

Drive safe in whatever your in!

Yes to most of all of this. In fact I was in Houston with customers last week for two days. But I will comment when I am in front of a key bird vs the phone. Trust me their is a whole lot that goes on in the process that you won't see from the truck.

Sometimes simple bad luck. Only otr straight in the fleet over 15 hours. Uggghhh.

Reactions: Rick007