Maximum axle weights

Tony109

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have some questions regarding maximum axle weights per axle on single axle trucks.
For instance I have a Freightliner fl70 mechanics service truck with a12 thousand pound front axle and a 21 thousand pound rear axle for a total of 33,000 gvw. The tires are 22.5 's and are G rated all around.
My dilema is this, the truck currently is overweight by approximately 2500 pounds and thats with very little cargo and tools. The body, welder and crane are extremely heavy. I need to know if I can have the suspension, axle assemblies changed or modified to a higher rate and then have the truck recerified if necessary to a higher chassis gvw so this truck can be put back into service. Any info or suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Reactions: Jr1980

tknight

Veteran Expediter
You will need to get that truck recertified for the new weight class gvw , which from my understanding I a royal pain in the ass to get done
I don't know what state your in but Ohio is like finding a grain of blue /red sand in the desert

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very few states allow more than 20,000 lbs on a rear single axle, doesn't matter if it's rated higher. Your options are shed weight or add another axle.