Fuel for Thought Attitude

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Drivers often complain about other drivers. Many complaints will be valid as there seems to be a larger number of drivers today that are less than professional. Some have no courtesy for those around them. Some are just downright rude. This applies to their driving skills as well as when you meet them in person at a truck stop or shipper or receiver. There is also the often mentioned appearance factor of today's drivers. I'm not saying every driver should wear a uniform (they should) , but at least look like someone with a job. If your customers ask who you drive for or why are you here, maybe your appearance could use a little help.

READ MORE...

tknight

Veteran Expediter
There are many times I have no idea who I drive for ! When they ask what the initials on my drivers door stand for I just can't start the conversation explaining it as they will then have more questions than I care to explain. Usually I have no idea who I'm driving for as there are so many down stream carriers and brokers involved ! It's just easier to say I drive for myself . Laps means nothing to them nor does black and chrome productions.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even if you can't figure out who you drive for, you should still carry a professional attitude with you, if you claim to be one. And even if the uniform, or lack thereof, doesn't match the load documents, as a professional driver, proper attire goes a long way.
If you were the shipper, would you give your load to you?

Reactions: SWTexas1

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Speaking of expedite driver driving skills, just the other day I was going down the highway with a bolt driver next to me in the left lane. Just putting along, not passing anyone. When he finally got over in the right lane he got about 1.5 car lengths behind the person in front of him doing 65-70 mph. :dash2:

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even if you can't figure out who you drive for, you should still carry a professional attitude with you, if you claim to be one. And even if the uniform, or lack thereof, doesn't match the load documents, as a professional driver, proper attire goes a long way.
If you were the shipper, would you give your load to you?
Look , as many shippers that I have pulled into to load , and I loaded next to that non descript truck that has no sleeper and only one driver that is all excited about getting that great load for 1000 miles that has to be there tomorrow, I am thinking the shippers could careless about appearance, ( most ). They just want someone to tell them that they can get their product delivered for the cheapest price... ( blinders on ) which means they are not even going to se what you are wearing. That being said, I feel it is more about self respect than anything.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I have no opinion about drivers road skills BUT could some learn to pee in the urinal, not on the floor in front of it?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: TDave