The Power Of One in October

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You would be surprised the number of vans that we have shut down for safety concerns. A van hauling a few thousand pounds of freight should really be held to the same safety standards. The industry may not hold to that safety standard but we do!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I have no problem with it, other than the overkill of twice a year. Wouldn't mind only driving 11 hours though, that would be great.

Oh, I passed.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I liked once a year too. Unfortunately we found not everyone maintains their vehicles the same way the rest of the year. Now we do offer them in house for less than half the price of a normal annual so that it was cost effective for the owner operator. Same cost, twice the inspections. Good operators appreciate the vehicle being gone over. Often times little things can be caught before they become expensive bigger things. Bottom line is keeping the motoring public and our drivers safe.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I liked once a year too. Unfortunately we found not everyone maintains their vehicles the same way the rest of the year. Now we do offer them in house for less than half the price of a normal annual so that it was cost effective for the owner operator. Same cost, twice the inspections. Good operators appreciate the vehicle being gone over. Often times little things can be caught before they become expensive bigger things. Bottom line is keeping the motoring public and our drivers safe.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

My case a few years ago, I had to have it inspected before I got my tags. They hooked the computer up to it and check things out. They also checked everything else. So that would've been 3 times a year. Some years ago they, (City of Memphis), stopped doing the inspections due to Memphis was the only city in the county that required it. I'm sure they're still charging for the inspection sticker as my renewal fee didn't go down.

Yep $25.00 is a good price, I'll do my part to help make a Jag payment. Lol

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning/afternoon Load One! I'm oos til Monday. Got a family emergency and flying home. Hope everyone has a good day!

Reactions: ntimevan