The Power Of One in October

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Boy! Get a call, got one picking up 100 miles in Mississippi. Ok but, wait listen to me, ok I said. Proceeds to tell me all about this great load. Can I talk? I'm at a Walmart in Berra Ky. No you're in Southaven Ms. This is 2011 not 2111. Lol

Note: the above is not word by word, but you get the meaning.

A couple of weeks ago I got a call wanting me to pickup one at the yard and take it to the airport. I said no. Then heard, "can I ask why?". I said, well I'm home and out of service or should be. Response, no I show you in-service. Ok, can you change the status for me? Yes, what's your number..(given)....never mind I called the wrong number o_O

Ok, now I don't have any idea how the screens are set up, but how does this even happen? Especially when I'm out of service? Not the first time this has happened either. :ohsnapcouch:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We don't click the screen for the number. Ton of units and info on the screen. Looking at the screen and dialing it is a little easy to read the phone number of the unit above or below.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Ok those of you with hearing issuses on the cell phone....my question is how do you talk and hear over the phone....what do you use?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day.....we'll you know how the story goes. One flight down and just boarding up the second one for the day.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
14d0f3091aae72b8c4c44481bde0813f.jpg

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Made it down to the farm in Madison Ms to unload this very large freight. No fork lift. Actually it's not a farm at, even though trip order said it was and the BOL said it was. So how did I end up at a Chillies bar and grill? Oh, that's right... It's Logistics. I have remodeling equipment for the draft beer stuff. And they will not be here until 0100.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So very true. I do want to say thank you to the hard working drivers in our fleet. Overall our csa safety numbers continue to improve! We still have a good deal of room to improve in the world of safety. We still see more accidents then we would like till that number is at zero! The safety of our drivers and the public is everything. We will keep training, adding technology and having all of you take the extra effort to keep safety first and foremost so we get everyone home safe.

Thank you!

a0daf619779cd21b0ff03837d76cf1a6.jpg

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I have notice here lately that it's getting worse out here. There seem to be more crazy people out here and also more wrecks. I've started to watch more and making sure that my sides are clear just in case I've got to miss someone. Also thought of putting a air horn on my sprinter. Lol