Welcome September

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Dropped the TN load 8.5 hours early

1753 paid miles for 3 runs since Monday afternoon (snuck in a local while shipping was closed) turned down another 500 miler, family awaits

Monsoon in Michigan, accidents on I75 and I94 both, feeling sorry for the Load 1 driver that didn't have Google maps turned on...75 was closed at Dearborn, I followed the GPS and there was a sea of brake lights just past it :D

Everybody have a good weekend!

Google maps sounds pretty great from what ive heard of it, but does it use data?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yesterday: Indy to Harrisonburg VA. Now off for a day or two to tend to minor issues with the van.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using EO Forums mobile app
Picked up winter jackets, etc at BIL's house, propane tank at younger son's house, then went to oldest son's house for some Grandson Time

Van needed a blower motor switch and other minor fixes. Hallelujah, the sliding door is now quiet!

Now on a nice weekend jaunt to Iowa.

Kazper

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
A very good month indeed.
22,421 loaded miles as a team.
4 days with our feet kicked up at home in the middle of the month.
Ending the month with a restart simply to avoid the frustration of having to refuse great load offers (and load swap confusion) due to lack of driving hours available.
It just doesn't get much better than this.
But.. winter is coming.
This squirrel was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to stockpile his nuts!
Thank you September for a 100% safe, legal, on-time, and thoroughly enjoyable month on the road.
A special thanks to the dispatchers for all that you do!
Let's hope October keeps it rolling!
There's a storm brewing.. Be safe out there. :)

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Google maps sounds pretty great from what ive heard of it, but does it use data?
Yes. Not much, but I've got unlimited North America so I don't care...WIND isn't in the US so I've got no advice here
Yeah I think sprint is the only phone company in the US that offers unlimited data, but their coverage isn't as good as verizions. Ill just have to talk to verizion to see what extra is would cost. Do you run it full time when youre on a load?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On my way north to Detroit. 2345 I pulled into Walton to fuel up with head hanging low. It was low because I knew I was going to be short a tad on 300 gallon goal. Yep 4.321 gallons short. So now 300 gallons to go. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Woke up .... Why i don't know ... !!! I guess bathroom time ... i dislike the Latenight drive through WV on 77 during Rainstorms ... almost worse than ice .... at the J in Graham , NC ....
Just went thru in the rainy middle of the night. Top of every hill, wind tries to grab in a new way and it feels like the back end wants to come out

So I think I have to discuss weekends off with the wife...turned down more miles than I drove this week, including over 2000 to AZ

I'd prolly have to have a one sided discussion and splain that moving a little freight allows her to eat and live indoors.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ending the month with a restart simply to avoid the frustration of having to refuse great load offers (and load swap confusion) due to lack of driving hours available.
But.. winter is coming.
This squirrel was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to stockpile his nuts!
Thank you September for a 100% safe, legal, on-time, and thoroughly enjoyable month on the road.

Restart? You mean you're in one of those truck thingies? Sorry dude, you're in the wrong place. :minibus:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you run it full time when youre on a load?
Always, along with podcasts and whatever else my phone is doing behind my back...it reroutes based in traffic, although I wish it would give more time on "found a faster route" option I miss it half the time

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
But.. winter is coming.

Restart? You mean you're in one of those truck thingies? Sorry dude, you're in the wrong place. :minibus:
What are you talking about ? In the wrong place ?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
But.. winter is coming.

What are you talking about ? In the wrong place ?

You're in van territory. They'll eat you for lunch here, then pass you in a toilet in a Pilot shower that they got for 15 gallons of fuel. Drive away. Just drive away, as fast as you can. They're everywhere. :nailbiting: