Welcome September

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crazy stressful day started at Wayne's World. I hate to say it but he miss diagnosed the tie rod problem. Which I don't fault him for. The part was going to have to be ordered, so he suggested I take it this place that would also be able to do the alignment.

That place said it was the steering column and because the actual part was non-repairable I would have to order the whole steering column for $1500 plus installation and would take about a week. Well besides now being in a panic, that price didn't sit well. So I went back to Wayne's to see what could be done.

Strangely enough when I got there his son had just removed a steering column from a newer sprinter. I ended up not needing the whole thing. Wayne fixed it for $75

I asked him how he was able to repair a non-repairable part? He laughed and said, I just replaced the non-repairable part

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Just dropped in Plymouth mi. Waited an hr for someone to even answer the door after 3 phone calls! Nothing is ez . Headed to the Ta Monroe for tonight is there a good tire place around there or toledo baby needs to steers

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just dropped in Plymouth mi. Waited an hr for someone to even answer the door after 3 phone calls! Nothing is ez . Headed to the Ta Monroe for tonight is there a good tire place around there or toledo baby needs to steers

There's Waddles in Brownstown, or Discount Tire all over. Had good results from both.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Woke up .... Why i don't know ... !!! I guess bathroom time ... i dislike the Latenight drive through WV on 77 during Rainstorms ... almost worse than ice .... at the J in Graham , NC ....
Just went thru in the rainy middle of the night. Top of every hill, wind tries to grab in a new way and it feels like the back end wants to come out

So I think I have to discuss weekends off with the wife...turned down more miles than I drove this week, including over 2000 to AZ

Reactions: ntimevan

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
After drop yesterday in Bloomingdale loaded right away in Des Plaines, IL direct to Marion, IL...unloaded last night waiting for more...

I slept at the pilot there for a few hours last night. Did you by any chance leave between 3:30-5:30?

If you were at pilot on route 64, few miles off of I-355, then I saw you today morning when I stopped by for coffe on the way to work!!