Mechanics can't be believed!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'm sick of mechanics that have no clue and dealers who have no idea or won't give an honest answer !
Last month my ac developed a pin hole leak in a hose I had the hose replaced and the system evac and refilled and leak tested all was good and 400.00 broker!
A day later ac light comes on and ac quits dead! Take it to a dealer for advice ( wrong thing to do) they say the guy who recharged I added too much and it broke the pressure relay and probably took out both thermocouples , they also said it needed to be evacuated and recharged after this replacements , along with the drier and the oriface which was probably plugged from the non approved freon with leak stop that was installed. Total cost quote over 2300.00 I slammed the hood and drove out of their shop!!!
Took it to an ac shop next to hear the same story I'm beginning to think no one can repair things anymore with out throwing parts at it at my expense.
I hate being a science EE experiment for these idiots!

The. I watched a video on u tube that said to remove the ground from the batteries for a few min to reset the body computer , so I did , guess what my AC works once again ..... Moral of the story is to never believe and do your homework!!!
Final cost was .00 for this repair except for the original work which I still think was high, higher than my mechanic!
Apparently the only way to clear the body controller is to remove it from power to reset it , you'd think the dealer would say that but noooooo! They want your wallet drained and you first born child as well.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sick of mechanics that have no clue and dealers who have no idea or won't give an honest answer !
Last month my ac developed a pin hole leak in a hose I had the hose replaced and the system evac and refilled and leak tested all was good and 400.00 broker!
A day later ac light comes on and ac quits dead! Take it to a dealer for advice ( wrong thing to do) they say the guy who recharged I added too much and it broke the pressure relay and probably took out both thermocouples , they also said it needed to be evacuated and recharged after this replacements , along with the drier and the oriface which was probably plugged from the non approved freon with leak stop that was installed. Total cost quote over 2300.00 I slammed the hood and drove out of their shop!!!
Took it to an ac shop next to hear the same story I'm beginning to think no one can repair things anymore with out throwing parts at it at my expense.
I hate being a science EE experiment for these idiots!

The. I watched a video on u tube that said to remove the ground from the batteries for a few min to reset the body computer , so I did , guess what my AC works once again ..... Moral of the story is to never believe and do your homework!!!
Final cost was .00 for this repair except for the original work which I still think was high, higher than my mechanic!

Yep you tube is a great teacher, learn a lot for working on the Corvette.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hear you, tk. I wonder how some of these dealers are staying in business. Wonder what would happen if we would do such work as some of these mechanics. Glad you got it working.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My Alt. went down, shop said my computer needed to be repaired because of Alt. I'm like let's fire it up and see. Charging system comes alive and they still try and claim it needs fixed. Dang, couldn't get out of there fast enough.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You've come over to the dark side. Welcome :D

Never ceases to amaze me how most people treat dealers as knowledgeable experts. They are trained salespeople the top to bottom

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
You've come over to the dark side. Welcome :D

Never ceases to amaze me how most people treat dealers as knowledgeable experts. They are trained salespeople the top to bottom
Exactly. I try to stay away from them as much as I can. Every time I visit one of them places I have to fix something that they screwed up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think these so called techs are trained to the best level possible....these days these cars being so computerized....how changing an injector fixes a slipping transmission but it does happen....and all the systems that are tied together and adapt by themselves to compensate for anothers failure....
Its not so much the dealerships fault as it is the manufacturer for not having proper training not spending the money on the proper education for these future techs...