Welcome September

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Friday relocated close to Pittsburgh. Now in McCamey, TX, with a job site stand down, due to muddy conditions. What the heck, looking at two all wheel fork lifts. Hmmmmm

Reactions: hazmat

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I'm on the road to Miami 700 miles to go!

Let me know if you get pulled in the agricultural inspection...got warned off another site, all vehicles must stop

And Mailer, is in true in California they have "border" stations in the way in? Stop you for agricultural, and anything over 6000 they decide of they want to check over the truck? My egr has been "repaired"

Waiting in a Georgia call, hope it's not that hot

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every time I pull in they just wave me thru. Never inspected. But I do pull in
That's the thing, I'd sail by like I knew what I was doing...thats probably a ticket thing

And thanks for the frame tip OVM I'm still on the floor...current guy thinks I'm a straight truck, 2 loads in the past few weeks were door to partition

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Let me know if you get pulled in the agricultural inspection...got warned off another site, all vehicles must stop

And Mailer, is in true in California they have "border" stations in the way in? Stop you for agricultural, and anything over 6000 they decide of they want to check over the truck? My egr has been "repaired"

At the beginning of my Sprinter expediting days I did lots of Florida loads and I did not stop at the Agricultural thing until one day a nice lady chased me down and pulled me over. She checked my paperwork and then let me go, but told me that I need to go through next time. Since that moment I started pulling in. Most of the time they just waved me through, though a couple of times they asked me what I was hauling before telling me to go.

Reactions: brokcanadian

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

yes CA has stops entering the state...if your diesel ain't right they will either turn you back or pull your plate right there and force you to call a wrecker and get it fixed....very costly......Kind of like in Ontario now with the Green and whites stick a breathalizer up your tailpipe....

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, so I'm avoiding California and giving the diesel ford a hard look. Don't think they'd take kindly to the "improvements" I'd make in a newer sprinter.

Back to reality BOOKED for Georgia

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never stopped at any scales in CA (under 10k). The check upon entering the state looked to be for fruits and vegetables being brought in and all vehicles roll through it.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never stopped at any scales in CA (under 10k). The check upon entering the state looked to be for fruits and vegetables being brought in and all vehicles roll through it.
I was in the transit website, yesterday a private guy got stopped because it was a cargo version...he was chased down by an officer...let him off with a warning but you have to stop regardless of your load...its on their agricultural website

sorry FLORIDA

What is says about the ag inspections is they also can have surprise weighs and emissions inspections at officers discretion...going out to make my sprinter shiny now

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Most of the time they wave you thru. Of all the times I have gone through, probably have been asked no more than 3 times. It's no big deal.

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I did not get pulled in. Didn't know I was supposed to stop. Good thing I know now.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pretty sure I delivered this cat load early!
85c8dc48951f0f9e2f30b1e0768793b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums