Verizon new data plans

Leonard2015

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I know this is a Verizon thread but i was wondering how many people use Sprint and how happy you are with their service?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know this is a Verizon thread but i was wondering how many people use Sprint and how happy you are with their service?
I've been with Sprint for a long time because they are cheaper than Verizon. Their coverage is not as good as verizons, but it is OK. And I have true unlimited everything, except data when roaming. I also have free roaming in Canada, which helps with Canadian runs. Sprint also has WiFi calling which works great. I don't have good signal at home, but WiFi calling takes care of that.

I don't believe they offer true unlimited data any more, so....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: TDave

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been with Sprint for a long time because they are cheaper than Verizon. Their coverage is not as good as verizons, but it is OK. And I have true unlimited everything, except data when roaming. I also have free roaming in Canada, which helps with Canadian runs. Sprint also has WiFi calling which works great. I don't have good signal at home, but WiFi calling takes care of that.

I don't believe they offer true unlimited data any more, so....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah their calling service is good but internet is terrible in most places. I currently have sprint and Verizon and Verizon is 100 times better than sprint in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I lost a gig after getting suckered into one of those new plans, if true about using no data for NFL games, it will put a smile back on my face

b17b5470a4b314a8963d97f13f86ff0c.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's got to be a catch.

I think I found it. After yesterday's football of 2.5 games I used over 8 gigs of data. Most of which was free. I did manage to use up over 1 gig of my own. I'm thinking all the commercials (same 3-4) all game long are not free.

So free, but not totally free is my conclusion

Reactions: DollarSign

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm pretty much over the NFL after Roger Awfuldell's BS with Dallas and Colin Kaepernothing and friends BS. I switched to Sprint a while back and saved a fair amount compared to Verizon. That's paying regular price at Sprint compared to the carrier discount price at Verizon that was about to expire too.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LEO!! Be Proud of Jerry Jones!.....
KUDOS TO DALLAS COWBOY OWNER JERRY JONES: Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"

Say what you will about Jerry Jones but here, I'm damn proud of what he has said and demanded of his Players, Coaches and field staff for Country. Robert Kraft should take note!

Reactions: jcochristoph

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's got to be a catch.

I think I found it. After yesterday's football of 2.5 games I used over 8 gigs of data. Most of which was free. I did manage to use up over 1 gig of my own. I'm thinking all the commercials (same 3-4) all game long are not free.

So free, but not totally free is my conclusion

Ah, got it.... the game is free, but ya have to pay for the commercials. That sucks!

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It says in their fine print credit will be given for data used for ads during NFL coverage

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, Jerry Jones was absolutely stand up. Roger Goodell is an anal orifice as are the players pulling this crap. Overall I don't really care anymore.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Gotta go talk to Verizon, new S7 edge and going up 24W and no service and Internet. No good and looks like a cell booster is coming.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I'm in football heaven with Verizon's free NFL game streaming, I ordered a screen enlarger. I think it was OVM that suggested one. All I can say is WOW! This thing is awesome

This is the one I got.

2c69a7298640c848c244efcaea89c0f3.jpg

Reactions: DollarSign

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I'm in football heaven with Verizon's free NFL game streaming, I ordered a screen enlarger. I think it was OVM that suggested one. All I can say is WOW! This thing is awesome

This is the one I got.

2c69a7298640c848c244efcaea89c0f3.jpg

Is it that good?....any distortion at all?....clear?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it that good?....any distortion at all?....clear?
The whole thing is made of cheap plastic, so kid glove care required. Other then that, picture is very clear and does give a 3D effect. My iphone 5C (smaller iphone version) fills the screen about 85%. Works best in low light to dark. Before I had to squint to read the game score, no more :)
screen01b.jpg
Due to the magnifier, it's impossible to show a good pic of what it looks like. The size and clarity I see, is not what the camera does. But just as an example here is a very poor representation. There is no tilt to the picture, it's larger and very clear when viewing. I had to stand several feet back to get this shot, the pic does not do it justice.
screen01c.jpg