Need help

Anna

New Recruit
Dot inspection failed due to trailer tandems not being locked in anyone know possible fines or points also my work says may be terminated due to insurance increase

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
393.207(b) Adjustable axle locking pin missing/disengaged Suspension 7 points

Anna

New Recruit
Ok I get that now the thing is that his job says they may have to terminate him because of it

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok I get that now the thing is that his job says they may have to terminate him because of it
Sorry to hear that Anna. Hopefully it will be a positive outcome.

If you are an employee, check with your company HR department and the employee's handbook under "Grounds for termination," for the clarifications.

The company must follow strict written policies and procedures before an employee is terminated.

Reactions: Anna

Anna

New Recruit
Well it's due to there insurance is what's been said that it could cost them thousands

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hopefully this is just an over reacting weekend person shouting the sky is falling.
Although not ideal, if that's all they found, I wouldn't think most carriers would terminate over this.
I can see a stern talking to, an extended probationary period, etc.,
It would be swayed by the driver's past record and productivity.
It's a mistake the driver I'm sure will never make again.
And everyone should be thankful that it was discovered during an inspection and not during an accident investigation.
Good Luck to you and the driver.

My only advice, as it will be discussed at length, is tell the truth. If rookies, and there's anything not understood, get clear answers/proper training immediately.

Anna

New Recruit
Thank u it was a mistake and I can assure u he is kicking himself in the ass for it now. Thinking what an idiot. Never had any priors. Good driver but the company said there insurance may not cover him but he wasn't wrote a ticket for it.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If 7 points is going to sway their insurance that much, I imagine they have bigger problems.

FYI. 7 points is 21 points the first year, 14 the second year, and then 7 points the third year.
After 36 months the points drop off.

Really good PTIs are in your future.

Anna

New Recruit
Appreciate the feedback. Didn't know if it went on your mvr's if not written a ticket etc. Just gave paper stating what was found and was put oos til fixed. Which was long enough to lock them in. So even though ticket was not written for this does company have to turn in to insurance?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm retired so not to up on this new CSA stuff.
No ticket would mean not on MVR but his CSA points I believe will follow him around just like the MVR.
The insurance companies do watch the CSA points.
There are some safety people that may pipe in Monday or Tuesday with better responses.
21 points in the past didn't take one out of the hiring pool.
What the present climate is I do not know.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No ticket, but put OOS? Warnings can be worse than tickets, no way to fight them and they count for CSA points

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
No ticket, but put OOS? Warnings can be worse than tickets, no way to fight them and they count for CSA points

You can fight warnings. However, it is through the CSA DataQ challenge system, and you can present evidence, both written and photographic, to bolster your claim that the warning was invalid. Be cautioned, however, that the challenge is read and ruled upon, usually, by someone in the person's chain of command who wrote the warning.