The Trump Card...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A well done political cartoon is a display of high skill and high art.

Found one that's semi-OK on the Weekend at Bernie's meme...

image.jpg
Hillary looks like a Ralph Steadman drawing after she spent a weekend with H.S. Thompson.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seeing Hillary on her return to the campaign trail had me wondering if she had been recovering from pneumonia or more plastic surgery.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Bottom line
We have a group of people coming from one area of the world
Who meen to do us harm
Not saying everybody from there does
Until we can come up with a way to identify those individuals
I say use what ever means nessary to prevent them from coming here

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just corrected him when he said trump didn't say it.
The problem is, he's correct and you're wrong, because Trump never said it.

In this video trump clearly suggested (says) that we need to profile...
"Clearly suggesting" and actually "saying" are two very different things. Saying that we need to "profile" is very different from saying we need to "racially profile."

"Blood coming out of her wherever" is not even remotely the same as "she's on her rag."

"Maybe the Second Amendment people can do something about it" is very different from "Please assassinate Hillary."

Reactions: davekc and JohnWC

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
From what I can tell everyone in this thread is in agreement that profiling is a necessary evil in order to try and protect our citizens from terrorist. And evidently we are in disagreement that trump saying "we need to" and "I think we're going to have to" as him saying we need to profile. My point originally was that it didn't matter to me if he said it or not because we already do and we should.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And evidently we are in disagreement that trump saying "we need to" and "I think we're going to have to" as him saying we need to profile.
No one disputes that he said those things.

What is disputed is whether or not he used the word "racial" in his comments. You, CNN, and a several other media outlets claim he did, yet you, CNN and several other media outlets have failed to prove the claim.

Reactions: davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That is correct. I have now listened to it twice. Nope, nothing about racial profiling. Just the media trying in desperation to change the narrative. Nothing more simple than that. He did talk about profiling, but nothing with a racial component.

Reactions: Turtle

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
You are both correct. I was focused on the profiling, not racial profiling. But that's probably what he meant, or religious profiling. One or the other. Regardless both are necessary when it comes to terrorist. We're not getting attacked by hindu's

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
You are both correct. I was focused on the profiling, not racial profiling. But that's probably what he meant, or religious profiling. One or the other. Regardless both are necessary when it comes to terrorist. We're not getting attacked by hindu's
YET

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yes those Hindu and Amish people you got to keep your eyes on.

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Wait, what? Did you hear that sound? It's the sound of the remaining last few hundred Enquirer subscribers quickly clicking to cancel their subscriptions.

The Enquirer's willful suspension of belief regarding Hillary Clinton's abysmal record and pattern of deceit is staggering.
The most appropriate newspaper endorsement that should be made this year is no endorsement. No major candidate deserves one.

But pretty much every Gannett Company daily is endorsing Clinton. The Arizona Republic, like the Enquirer, is a Gannett Company newspaper. In 120 years the staunchly conservative Arizona daily has never endorsed a Democrat for president. Until now.

What's funny is, if you read the editorials where they endorse Clinton, they all use the same reasons and willful suspension of belief. The chances of all of these distinctly different editorial boards each independently reaching the same conclusion, and for the same reasons using the same word choices, are exactly zero.

Reactions: TDave

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Wait, what? Did you hear that sound? It's the sound of the remaining last few hundred Enquirer subscribers quickly clicking to cancel their subscriptions.

The Enquirer's willful suspension of belief regarding Hillary Clinton's abysmal record and pattern of deceit is staggering.
The most appropriate newspaper endorsement that should be made this year is no endorsement. No major candidate deserves one.

But pretty much every Gannett Company daily is endorsing Clinton. The Arizona Republic, like the Enquirer, is a Gannett Company newspaper. In 120 years The staunchly conservative Arizona daily has never endorsed a Democrat for president. Until now.

What's funny is, if you read the editorials where they endorse Clinton, they all use the same reasons and willful suspension of belief. The chances of all of these distinctly different editorial boards each independently reaching the same conclusion, and for the same reasons using the same word choices, are exactly zero.
I wasn't aware of any of that. Guess I'll take back my wow.

!woW.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wasn't aware of any of that. Guess I'll take back my wow.

!woW.
The Detroit Free Press is also a Gannett Company newspaper, endorsed Hillary, although I don't think they've ever endorsed a Republican.

The big news from a week or so ago about the Dallas Morning News breaking with their tradition and endorsing a Democrat... that endorsement came coincidentally after lengthy talks with Gannett Company regarding Gannett acquiring the Dallas Morning News. But I'm sure one had nothing to do with the other. <snort>

In a related story, the New York Times :asshat: has just endorsed Hillary Clinton. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. :eek:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Agree. Don't endorse anyone then. Instead they rationalize and gloss over her 'mistakes'. Such b.s...
Regarding the Detroit area papers, the
Detroit Free Press almost always endorses the Democrat Presidential candidate. The Detroit News almost always endorses Republican candidate.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Agree. Don't endorse anyone then. Instead they rationalize and gloss over her 'mistakes'. Such b.s...
Regarding the Detroit area papers, the
Detroit Free Press almost always endorses the Democrat Presidential candidate. The Detroit News almost always endorses Republican candidate.
Well, I said almost always.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 17

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed...if party leaning newspapers or any organization doesn't like the party candidate.....why endorse anyone?...
especially papers like the Arizona Republic....over 120 yr tradition of Conservative support and they flop to Hillary's side because they don't care for Trump.......The same message would have been sent had they just abstained from endorsing anyone....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have to consider who is reporting it (NBC) and "allegedly". Don't think it will get much traction.