Hi everybody!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Poor Ragman. He sees no blood and becomes depressed. Don't worry darling. This is just natural human emotion. However, I do have an idea on how we can continue the fun with unabridged liberty and unfettered freedom without the hall monitor chasing us down and chastising us for running, but the last time I made the same suggestion, I was banned from the site, which dashed my plans and I ended up with less than desirable results. So needless to say, you guys are on your own... for now.

Here Ragman. Dry your eyes and have some popcorn.
emoji897.png
emoji897.png
emoji897.png
emoji897.png
emoji897.png

Huh? What? All I did was post a face palm.

cottontail

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
First of all. Hi! Nice to meet you.
Second. Does one need a point when joining a forum? Third, are there required questions I must have to belong to this portion of the industry? Fourth. Yes, I have information that can help in any phase of trucking from shifting gears, to New York Hut taxes, to the benefits of having your own authority and at what level, and more. Last. If you believe my first amendment rights are an argument then by all means you're sadly mistaken.
Have you been reading what's been going on at all? All I did was mention the Constitution and freedom of speech and immediately I was met with smug, disdainful, reproach.
I don't know how long you've been in the "Industry", sweetie, but when I started driving trucks I had to fight to hold a job. You've never been jeered at because you were the wrong sex for the job, or that you were replacing a perfectly good man, and I'd be willing to bet that you've never been trapped between two trucks and threatened with rape. Yet through it all I'm still here and I am still able to walk with my head held high I've been through too much over the years to let some smug elitist yahoo with a keyboard insult my dignity and get away with it and I hope that anyone after you, who reads these posts, realizes that I'm not here to argue about anything. But at the same time, I'm not going to back down from anybody who insults my intelligence. And I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that you have the same feeling.
Now, I have a challenge for you. Go back and read what everyone posted. You will see that I was very polite and asked for concise clarification when I got the smug replies from those who, with their noses in the air, contacted me. Now you tell me. Who was looking for the argument?

cottontail

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
I reinstate my previous accusation of "troll". I don't care about the website being real, this is without a doubt trolling, and a pretty poor job of it. Trolling 101: If you are called out on being a troll, you have failed as a troll.

Trolling for what? Certainly not for the likes of you. And what are you doing on my website? If you are going to sink so low as to resort to name calling then keep away from my web site.

emoji897.png
emoji897.png
Have some popcorn sugar.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trolling for what? Certainly not for the likes of you. And what are you doing on my website? If you are going to sink so low as to resort to name calling then keep away from my web site.

emoji897.png
emoji897.png
Have some popcorn sugar.
We're not on your web site. This site belongs to On Time Media. We follow their rules, not yours. And last, but not least, the First Amendment has to do with government not private enterprise, but, I think you know that. So sad, so sad, so sad......

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
You've never been jeered at because you were the wrong sex for the job,

I am a redhead. Theres a lot of hate out there for my kind. I get all kind of jeers, trust me. Theres even "national kick a ginger day". Its ok, though. Ive joined a group called the "ginger separatist movement". Here is a little video of some of our exploits.

cottontail

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
Ragman, I know all six things the First Amendment applies to, I never once inferred that it would should or could apply to this site, and I wasn't talking to you now, was I?

cottontail

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
I am a redhead. Theres a lot of hate out there for my kind. I get all kind of jeers, trust me. Theres even "national kick a ginger day". Its ok, though. Ive joined a group called the "ginger separatist movement". Here is a little video of some of our exploits.

That's okay Mike. Some day you will grow up to be a man and you will understand what it means.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think that is very interesting. Tell us more....
Sure, hon, what would you like to know?
I think he would like to know more about you being a Teamster during the Hoffa era. I know I would, hence my query as to what Hoffa era you were referring to. Your timeline appears to be a bit fuzzy. Jimmy Hoffa "stepped down" as the IBT president in 1971. You would have been 18 years old . I guess you could have been a Teamster for a short time, before enlisting in the Navy. The Teamsters gave anybody a card that had a job that deducted the monthly dues. They gave me one!

This is the internet. Being a blogster, you have creative license to embellish the facts. At 18 you could possibly have been a truck driver and a Teamster. Or a warehouse worker and a Teamster. It must have been a short run because the Vietnam War ended in 1975, assuming you did a 4 year hitch. Anyway, most of the members of E.O. Nation are owner/operators or contractors with fleet owners. The closest we come to joining organized labor is a membership to OOIDA and that's the way we like it.

I almost forgot: Ban The Van!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And considering the Armed Forces
1965-1975: During the Vietnam War more than 265,000 women volunteered for active duty and some 10,000 served in Vietnam, mostly as nurses. Eight died.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan