ultrashift problem

2005pete

New Recruit
Mechanic
i have a 2006 volvo with isx with the eaton ultrashift. the problem im having is the truck wont shift out of first gear. i just replaced the x/y shifter. when i push the truck in drive it starts out in 1st and when it get enough speed it acts like and trys to shift into second gear but it wont so it drops back into 1st. it will keep doing that. there is no codes in computer. when it is trying to shift i can hear it trying to go into gear slight clucking noise. the clutch is less than a year old. I was playing around with it in manual mode and got it to skip past 2nd and it went into 3rd no problem and when i pushed it to go into 4th it wouldnt shift into 4, it tried but then went back into 3rd. any clue to whats wrong or what to check?

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Not being any sort of technician, I have read that corroded electrical connections , bad ground at batteries, fuses or breakers, the computer itself can cause problems.

jimmy

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hang in there...... greasytshirt should chime in soon.

He can help.

533.gif

2005pete

New Recruit
Mechanic
Anybody else help with this? I have a video of it trying to shift but don't know how to post it. Also there is no codes