Welcome to August " the dog days of summer "

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well another evening last night and....wait I drove??? Saw a customer last night and meetings this morning with StayMetrics. Gary and Matt with me on a one night road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Well I could always step in and say something! (Smiles)

:jester:

Anyway, 3215 will drop this load in about an hour in Dallas, Tx and then "turn and burn," and head home! It's been a long time coming but our Aug run was OUTSTANDING!

I would like to thank all out "rock star," dispatchers and sales staff for their hard work, thank you!

Why there's even a "hug," here for you John! :happydance:

But, there is a tropical storm to attend too, margaritas to make and senorita's to shake!

Until September, drive hard but drive safe!

:JC_ThankYou:

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Update: arrived at customer in Dallas, we accepted a direct delivery load with a protect time of 3am cst, we are here at 12:15am cst and nobody is home, not a light on anywhere.

Talking to Mark in dispatch we were pleased to hear that the customer actually called load one today or yesterday and informed load one they wouldn't be open until 7am cst.

Hmmm, might of been nice if the truck actually got that msg, you think? So when I post about communication issues or the lack of them from my company, here is just another reason for my opinion.

See I was all happy in my last post but now all I want is someone's head on a platter, this is inexcusable.

However Mark assured us that he would email Nick and explaine the situation in the hope of, mabey, possibly getting us some $$$ to take the sting out of this accidental oversight and 7hr delay.

Yeah I'm not a happy camper anymore, was trying not to drive thru that tropical storm has it gets closer and hits the gulf states but now we will have to drive thru it.

If I can compliment, I can criticize.

I remain 100% compliant with DOT, State laws and regulations and all Load One policies while logged in to work and represent Load One to the public to the best of my professional ability.

I am held accountable for any infraction, violation or misconduct on my end. I expect no less from my company.

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Conclusion:

Nick,

Thank you, for taking care of this issue personally.

We are now headed home to Florida.

Until next month, drive safe.

Reactions: jelliott