Hello August

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lombard, IL to Columbus, Ind. Now at the J in Whiteland. Trying to get back to Pa for Friday, to see docs and move the last of our stuff out of my friends' house. Then, the missus and I will be free to chase tumbleweeds (and freight, of course) :cool::D

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
8:30 this morning I got a ready now, Go get it.
10:30 now and guess what, still not loaded.

We got a "start heading to" from Dispatch at 0900 yesterday. When the load info posted half an hour later, we were already halfway to the pick. Turns out the pick was for 1400. Great. Had we known, we could have taken our shower and eaten like respectable people :rolleyes:

Did find a nice new Pilot in Carol Stream, IL. Strangely, though, it doesn't have showers or a laundry room. The young lady at the counter said that the village would not allow it :eek: I guess that leafy suburbs don't want clean truckers :confused:

Nice & clean now, tho :)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
We got a "start heading to" from Dispatch at 0900 yesterday. When the load info posted half an hour later, we were already halfway to the pick. Turns out the pick was for 1400. Great. Had we known, we could have taken our shower and eaten like respectable people :rolleyes:

Did find a nice new Pilot in Carol Stream, IL. Strangely, though, it doesn't have showers or a laundry room. The young lady at the counter said that the village would not allow it :eek: I guess that leafy suburbs don't want clean truckers :confused:

We never learn do we. Why I listen to that ready now is beyond me. It rarely pays off.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Only got burned one time on the start heading to, got there and they never won the bid on the load, so sorry no money, now truck don't roll until I get load info.