Fuel for Thought $1,000,000 Pre-Trip Inspection

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Did you hear about the driver who found $1,000,000 during a pre-trip inspection ?

Well, I found $1,000,000 under my truck while I was doing my pre-trip inspection the other day. I was just going around the truck, doing my usual checks and there it was, just lying there under the rear of my truck. I did not see it the night before when I parked, it was a dark parking lot. But you can imagine my surprise to find it there in the early morning sun.

READ MORE...

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
This is an awesome blog, most definitely worth a read. The blog will give you much pause when you think of the consequences of performing a poor inadequate pre trip inspection, or worse, no inspection at all. I currently drive for a high school marching band, and as a volunteer, I take on a huge responsibility every time I hook a tractor to the bands trailer. This year begins a new era for the band, as they take on the challenges of ownership. By purchasing their own semi tractor unit, they have in essence placed the burden of hidden liability on their own shoulders. This is my 9th and final year driving for the band, so I have been working closely with everyone trying to get some safety procedures nailed down for them. I should send the powers that be this article, so maybe they can get a sense of just what they are getting themselves into...

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks DRAGON64 . While you may not catch everything during a pre trip inspection, it should be our first priority to our safety and those around us to make sure our equipment is in compliance and roadworthy. At the end of the trip, we all want to make it home safe and sound.

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
I completely agree. Although will be concerned that I move the band instruments safely, and I have a much further reaching concern than just the cargo...

Reactions: Greg