The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is the most important presidential election is your lifetime. Not only that, this is the most mostest critically critical election in, like, ever.

(On a not entirely unrelated note, Autocorrect keeps wanting to change election to ejection. I wish. Can you imagine if the President and every member of Congress were required to sit in ejection seats, with online instant polling to see if they get ejected or not?)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump says, "If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me, but plenty of people have written that she was extremely quiet, and it looked like she had nothing to say."

That gets reported (on NBC and most other mainstream media) as...

Trump implied that Khan's wife, Ghazala Khan, "wasn't allowed to have anything to say" when she stood next to her husband at the convention.

Well, no he didn't imply that at all. The left simply inferred it. Trump hypothesized the possibility that she wasn't allowed to speak, and made the observation that she looked like she had nothing to say. That's all he did. He didn't imply a thing other than an observation.

On the other hand, the left-wing media reporting hypocritical side, Trump said, ""While I feel deeply for the loss of his son, Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things"

That gets reported as, {Oh, no, no, no, wait just a cotton pickin' minute there, Trumpy!}...

Khan did not say Trump had never read the Constitution. He said, "Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you: Have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy."

True enough, Kahn did not say that Trump had never read the Constitution. He merely implied it, strongly, and with great theater to reinforce the implication.

And that, boys and girls, is modern journalism at it's finest.

(Back in the late 70s or early 80s, there was an international basketball exhibition in which the US and the USSR played each other. The US won the game. Pravda reported the results as "USSR finished second, the USA finished second-to-last." As misleading as that is, at least it was accurate. Can't really say that about our propaganda media anymore.)

Reactions: Moot

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
From Chris Mark, a US Marine and Navy veteran...

An Open Letter to Khizr Khan

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed “…nothing and no one?”…has Ms. Clinton “..sacrificed” for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump “…has sacrifice no one” is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.
Boom

Reactions: RoadTime

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
We're debating the wrong point imo. If trump would just respond to things properly we would be on to talking about more important things at this point. He's easily baited into saying the wrong thing or saying the right thing the wrong way. Its very concerning to me if he becomes President. But a lot of things about this election are concerning to me.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
13692545_608266842675168_3153052621788532773_n.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Headline: Trump Kicks Crying Baby out of Rally.

Except he didn't kick the baby out at all.

baby was crying and interrupted him, but he didn't mind. Said he loves babies. Then quite a while later, when the baby was heard again, he jokingly said, I was kidding before, you can get that baby out of here. But he didn't kick the baby out and the baby wasn't taken out of the rally. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Moot and muttly

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
It's seems to me that it's all about rights now
So I guess Hillary will be the next pres
So now it will be 4 to 8 years of watching women riot in the streets and tell everyone how they are victims

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

baby was crying and interrupted him, but he didn't mind. Said he loves babies. Then quite a while later, when the baby was heard again, he jokingly said, I was kidding before, you can get that baby out of here. But he didn't kick the baby out and the baby wasn't taken out of the rally. :rolleyes:
I noticed that story yesterday. It was posted on Yahoo's website as well. Along with the misleading headline with their story was a bunch of negative Trump articles. A few Hillary stories. Almost every one positive.
Trump: Get that crying baby out of here - CNN Video

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Are you disputing the words of our next VP?

“I saw that Donald Trump kicked a crying baby out of an event earlier today,”
Mr. Kaine said.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
No one says anything about the media until the media says something they don't want to hear. Weather it's true or not, that's just how it is.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
If trump happens to lose this election he's got no one to blame but himself. At this point He's running against the most beatable democratic candidate in decades imo. But if he loses I'll have to listen to everyone from the media to space aliens get blamed for it.