Black Olives Matter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"I think it shows an interesting state of affairs of where our country is that people, first of all, can be offended by a statement about a vegetable. Black olives matter, and it does matter in our tapenade."

Social media had a collective meltdown.

Cnq76ERXEAAG_wa.jpg

Dood is just trying to advertise his latest special: pan-seared ahi tuna with a black olive tapenade relish.

But social media wasn't having any of it. "Tasteless," "insensitive," "racist" and f*****g disgusting ruled the day.

Monique Henry: "I love a good joke, but there are things that you just don’t joke about. You are probably one of the racist people that doesn’t care if you see black people murdered? Sounds like it to me. I hope the restaurant is named and shamed and loses business."

There were a scant few Tweets and Facebook posts containing level-headedness, however.

Gerry Dallas: "I’m black and I have NO problem with the sign"

'Black Olives Matter' sign stirs up heated debate on social media

My favorite Tweet, though, was from Ed, who said simply... "All olives matter."

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Green olives are picked before they are ripe, while black olives are allowed to ripen on the tree.

And just like people, green and black olives may look very, very different, but the nutrition found within is exactly the same.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't like to eat olives by themselves. Blah... But I like them in dips. Recently had some olive tapenade hummus. Excellent.