Why'd July to dispatch ??

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded in Ames IA. If there's the load heading west, I'll jump on I 80. But I think I will hang out in the east a little bit longer, for now.

Reactions: hazmat and ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Unloaded in Ames IA. If there's the load heading west, I'll jump on I 80. But I think I will hang out in the east a little bit longer, for now.
How would you compare load availability between east and west? Assuming East and West are divided by Central and Mountain time zone.

Reactions: Mailer

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How would you compare load availability between east and west? Assuming East and West are divided by Central and Mountain time zone.
In the west its location, location,location and LUCK.....the better you place yourself to be able to reach out and hit as much area as possible the better... The loads while not as plentiful often can pay so much better to make that extra days wait worth it.....in the east quite often you are moving and you FEEL busy , BUT the rates are so much more "compressed"??? LOL.Its an illusion....:p
I'd love to stay between the Mississippi and I-25...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Strategically all carriers would advise to hang out east of the Mississippi. Yep, most of my loads are on this side.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Strategically all carriers would advise to hang out east of the Mississippi. Yep, most of my loads are on this side.
because carriers make their $$$$ by volume....even if they only make a penny after expenses...if there fleet runs 5 million miles they make 5 million dollars we on the other hand if its 2000 miles a week we'd make $20.00...:p

Reactions: Mailer

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
because carriers make their $$$$ by volume....even if they only make a penny after expenses...if there fleet runs 5 million miles they make 5 million dollars we on the other hand if its 2000 miles a week we'd make $20.00...:p

Wow you're making good money! I barely get $2.00 for that many miles!

Reactions: ntimevan