The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Slightly skeptical about anything, either side has to say.

jimmy
Rather than take anything they say at face value, and then later on either be disappointed at reality or worse, refuse to believe reality because it doesn't mesh with what I want it to be, I view everything either side says as completely and utter BS, and then see how it fleshes out from there. More often than not, what they are telling me is the exact opposite of reality. Examples include "We're the most transparent and ethical administration in US history," (Obama) to "I can say categorically that no one in the White House staff, no one in this administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident (Watergate). (Nixon) to "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski," (Bill Clinton) to "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories," (Junior) and "In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not, repeat, did not, trade weapons or anything else for hostages. Nor will we" (Reagan). Then there's, "We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves." (Johnson, who true to his word, sent 3.4 million instead of 9 or 10 thousand), and "I have here in my hand a list of 205 [State Department employees] that were known to the secretary of state as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department." (Senator Joe McCarthy

Reactions: blackpup

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
This just cracks me up.

247993d7e8d0d08fad8579e63de4ec82.jpg
Got to admit, that's funny.

Reactions: Turtle

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I know lots of people think I have a conspiracy theory complex
But something has been lurking in the back of my mind
What happens if Trump is a setup to insure Hillary Clinton's trip to president
Just something to think about

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

That thought had entered my mind also....

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow that thought had crossed my mind also. Great minds think alike!:happyhappy:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No one wants to believe anything Obama says unless it's something he said in 2008. Wow
And he didn't even say the quote in that meme. The quote is fabricated and falsely attributed to Obama. The first half of the quote, the phrase "she will say anything and change nothing," was part of a voiceover narration used in a radio spot. While Obama "approved this message," he did not utter those words.

The second half of the quote, "Hillary can't be trusted and isn't qualified to be president," is laugh out loud laughable for Obama to have said it. Not only is there no record of him or of any of his ads saying such a thing, in 2008 the young Illinois senator was a far less qualified and experienced candidate compared to Hillary Clinton, and he knew it.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bingo ... i could careless on the Hillbillary -Trumper debate ... i am voting for C.... no of the above .... but i knew the Meme would ruffle a few ....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On a side note, I think it's hilarious how the media and the left are portraying as vicious, vile, subhuman and evil, Trump's comments where he attacked, attacked I tell you, the parents of a Muslim US soldier killed in the line of duty in Iraq, right after the father of the solder, Muslim-American attorney Khazir Khan, attacked Trump.

What were Trump's vicious, vile, subhuman and evil comments, you may ask? Trump asked if Khan wrote the speech himself or did one of Clinton's speechwriters write it for him, and then, if that wasn't evil enough, Trump had the viciousness to add, "I'd like to hear the wife speak."

Apparently, when you get on stage at a political event, especially a party convention, and make a political speech, you supposed to get a pass because you're a Gold Star family.

Reactions: muttly

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump needs to grow up he doesn't have to respond to every thing that is said about him. A lot of people spoke about Clinton at the RNC but she didn't respond to every one.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On a side note, I think it's hilarious how the media and the left are portraying as vicious, vile, subhuman and evil, Trump's comments where he attacked, attacked I tell you, the parents of a Muslim US soldier killed in the line of duty in Iraq, right after the father of the solder, Muslim-American attorney Khazir Khan, attacked Trump.

What were Trump's vicious, vile, subhuman and evil comments, you may ask? Trump asked if Khan wrote the speech himself or did one of Clinton's speechwriters write it for him, and then, if that wasn't evil enough, Trump had the viciousness to add, "I'd like to hear the wife speak."

Apparently, when you get on stage at a political event, especially a party convention, and make a political speech, you supposed to get a pass because you're a Gold Star family.
Trump should have just kept quiet and not responded.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump needs to grow up he doesn't have to respond to every thing that is said about him. A lot of people spoke about Clinton at the RNC but she didn't respond to every one.
Let's put it all into a perspective of reality here. Trump has not, in fact, responded to every thing that is said about him, including things said at the DNC. The media even noted that Trump was silent on many things said, and was dead silent regarding several speakers. Clinton didn't respond to each and every little thing said about her at her RNC, either, but just the same, in a fact-checking and sarcastic frenzy, she was firing off rebuttal Tweets while the person who said them was still speaking. And they were just as childish as Trump's. She sent out a Tweet quoting Rudy Giuliani WHILE he was saying the quote. The RNC made available to the press nearly all of the speeches delivered at the convention (the DNC, not so much, only the major speeches), which gave Clinton (or more accurately, her army of Tweeters, as most of her Tweets are actually sent by staffers) time to compose and cue up the responses.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump should have just kept quiet and not responded.
I agree. Not with just the Khan's, but pretty much on everything that was said at the convention. Both conventions. It's all BS on both sides, anyway.