Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Greasy....shirt

I replaced all three sensors on the service brake replay and the brake pedal switch is working fine. When the engine is off you can hear the brake pedal sensor clicking some type of solenoid as if it's functioning fine.
Unfortunately this problem continues. If I let off the gas pedal and repress,(sometimes) it will clear itself out but the truck still struggles to get rpm and get moving.
Anything else that you can think of?
Well, there are lots of things. But unless I'm there with a computer on it, any further advice will be pure conjecture. I don't like shotgunning parts onto an engine, hoping something sticks.

Reactions: Ragman

twinbulls0521

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello I am new here and might be ahead of myself with posting ...BUT I am in a tough spot with my 2007 hino 258 ALP
The abs light is on and then off and then on and now its staying on ... truck had red light trans light come on and we parked it.. checked over all wires and sensors dont see anything wrong How can I fins out why ABS light is on ???
Hino dealer by me is good but they are backed up several days ,, any quick ideas ???
Oh its on a tow truck 480,000 miles runs great !! I need my truck running...and working ...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello I am new here and might be ahead of myself with posting ...BUT I am in a tough spot with my 2007 hino 258 ALP
The abs light is on and then off and then on and now its staying on ... truck had red light trans light come on and we parked it.. checked over all wires and sensors dont see anything wrong How can I fins out why ABS light is on ???
Hino dealer by me is good but they are backed up several days ,, any quick ideas ???
Oh its on a tow truck 480,000 miles runs great !! I need my truck running...and working ...

Look under the dash next to where the diagnostic plug is, there should be an abs button, with the ignition on press the button for one second and watch the flashes, it will tell you what is wrong.

Hydraulic or air brakes?

twinbulls0521

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Air brake . Will it flash ? do I count the flash , or will it talk to me is a sexy Australian voice ??
Sorry for humor stressing big time ... where is the flash count code explainer ?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
31 and 32 are both front sensors too much air gap. Have to tap them in so they touch the tone ring, but not sure how you do that with air brakes, mine has hydraulic brakes.

Also check the wheel bearings they might be bad causing the sensors to get knocked out

shredmandan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question: I have a Hino 258L. The front passenger side leaf spring bushing needs to be replaced and obviously the front end will need to be realigned. I have been quoted 1500- 1600 to do this job. This sounds extremely high to me. How long would this take and how much is the part??

Last edited:

Rtaylor15

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi, I am new to the site and have a question. My 07 338 sometimes won't start. Other times starts no problem and sometimes starts but with a 5 second hesitation first. When it starts it runs great. When it doesn't start there is 1 click and that is it. All lights radio etc come on and work though. Any idea what this could be? Thank you

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get your starter rebuilt (make sure you get a new solenoid with that rebuild) and check all the negative battery and negative chasis connections for corrosion

carl484771

New Recruit
Driver
my hino 338 2016 manual transmittion
when 4th gear running to 1500rpm will increase to 2000up for no reason and truck shaking, after 2 second go back to normal

sometimes on 5th gear when truck load light 6th when empty truck

anyone knows what happen?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
my hino 338 2016 manual transmittion
when 4th gear running to 1500rpm will increase to 2000up for no reason and truck shaking, after 2 second go back to normal

sometimes on 5th gear when truck load light 6th when empty truck

anyone knows what happen?
The clutch is slipping. It has to be adjusted periodically. It's adjusted at the pressure plate, do not mess with the external linkage.

Is there any play in the clutch pedal? The pedal should move easily for two inches before any resistance is felt.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hi, I am new to the site and have a question. My 07 338 sometimes won't start. Other times starts no problem and sometimes starts but with a 5 second hesitation first. When it starts it runs great. When it doesn't start there is 1 click and that is it. All lights radio etc come on and work though. Any idea what this could be? Thank you
Tobster 317 is right. Get all of the battery cables off of the batteries, clean everything until it's shiny bare metal, load test the batteries. The starter is too expensive not to spend half an hour doing this first.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Question: I have a Hino 258L. The front passenger side leaf spring bushing needs to be replaced and obviously the front end will need to be realigned. I have been quoted 1500- 1600 to do this job. This sounds extremely high to me. How long would this take and how much is the part??
The bushing itself is not expensive. Getting the leaf off of the truck, pressing it out, pressing the new one in, and reinstalling everthing will take a few hours.

Jonathan Jedel

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Hi all. I've been working on Hino trucks almost exclusively for the last few years, and I'm pretty familiar with their ins and outs at this point. If anyone has a question, I'll be happy to answer it, if I know the answer.
Hi. I have a 2007 268. I am having problems with the ac. Can the filter in the receiver dryer be replaced or do you have to buy a complete condenser? Also, do you know the part number for the ac switch in the dash heater controls? Thanks.

wanro

Seasoned Expediter
Hey there greasytshirt. I have a 2008 Hino 338 that is overheating. This occurs whenever the DPR system kicks in, when traveling uphill and when going over 65mph. I have no problems with the temp when idling or traveling at slower speeds. I cleaned out the radiator and no change. I suspect this might be the clutch. Is there any way to check, or what can I do, to see if my fan clutch is working properly? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.