brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes it is. Talking about the heat I was sitting in tho

Or is 121 F just normal to you? This poor Canadian got fried

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh hell no. I'm old, fat and been on temporary disability. I cannot even begin to tolerate heat like that, at least not with any degree of humidity.

Reactions: guido4475

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My Sprinter's interior thermometer...

74eccee2-5d07-4e35-af8f-5af33dc1345e_1.1953793ad7da18e0e566f0c6d094a22c.jpeg

$8.66 at Walmart
Has a magnet on the back so I can stick it on the side of the microwave. Works great. Uses a single AA battery. I use rechargables, and have only had to recharge the battery once in 3 years.

guido4475

Not a Member
Has anyone ever considered staying at a state park or a campground to plug in? Quite a few charge 20 bucks a day, I found one that charged even less. An excellent alternative to a truck stop. So much quieter and relaxing. The only display advantage that I can see is the shower facilities at a campground are not air conditioned.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only tried that once, got woke up by a park Ranger after 2 hours asking if I was OK and if I was alone in there

At 20 bucks a day I'd have to go hunting for food too, that's too much for me

guido4475

Not a Member
Shore Power Technologies is a dollar per hour plus 1 dollar to activate. The service is 20 & 30 amp + cable for TV. They also have 50 amp 220V. Sometimes I plug in to give the generator a break.

I would think asking a J or TA etc. would be reasonable and even an appreciation tip as a thanks is appropriate.

Hopefully if the need for electricity is realized then companies like Shore Power can grow their business and come down on their price.

Good post ACVOX24!
Although a very good alternative to running the generator in high temperatures, the last thing i'd want to do is be parked in a parking lot with a bunch of big trucks, the noise, the smell of urine, the chance of getting hit, run over, or backed into by drivers who can't drive....lol...Heck, I couldn't even park in the Knoxville Petro restaurant parking lot without getting run over by a semi trying to turn around where he shouldn't of been in the first place...But, compared to the average price of a campground, a dollar an hour isn't all too bad. No shower waits, even though the shower facilities are not climate controlled. But the whole experience, cleaner air, quietness, etc, is so much worth it.

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone ever considered staying at a state park or a campground to plug in? Quite a few charge 20 bucks a day, I found one that charged even less. An excellent alternative to a truck stop. So much quieter and relaxing. The only display advantage that I can see is the shower facilities at a campground are not air conditioned.

I do, occasionally, if over a weekend and a state park is nearby. It's a nice chance to relax, enjoy some quiet time, walk, etc..

At McKinney Falls State Park near Austin a couple months ago after dropping off audio equipment for the summer X Games at the Circuit of the Americas:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 7

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry suppose to have been u I ask because u was talking about kennesaw an didn't know if u was in ga